68| Not His Time, My Time

Start from the beginning

Picking up my phone I dial his number and put it on speaker while still jotting down notes of the snacks.

"Hey stranger." I hear Chris's voice ring from the other side of the phone.

I hide my smile and talk.

"Look who's calling me a stranger when they never call me." I tease.

Though it's right.

"Hey! You're right. Well you haven't made the move as well." He cries.

I chuckle, "well aren't we the best of strangers."

He hums, "definitely."

"So how have you been?" He asks me.

"Eh, I've been good just very busy with life." I say boringly.

I won't be telling him much on phone because well, a phones a phone, anything can go wrong.

"I can tell since you'll be coming back in weeks time." He says sounding happy.

This warms my heart, having someone who's a forever person and lives where my heart lives at; Spain.

"I know! I can't wait, Chris. I miss Spain so much."

"Hey! Don't you miss me as well?" He questions.

I gasp mockingly, "hmm, well I guess I do miss you."

He sighs, "I miss you more."

"Not going to lie, I wanted to surprise visit you but I realized you'll be coming back to Spain in less than a month so there was no point of me doing that." Chris breathes.

I laugh out loud, "wouldn't have mind if you still came but I'm glad you didn't because I want us to meet in Spain."

"Yeah for sure, so how has the others been?"

I answer his question, "they've been," I hesitated, "good."

"Huh? Why the hesitation." He questions.

Goodness, he knows me so well.

"Well they've been really busy and I am not that sure as to how they're doing but I'm assuming they're okay." I inform him.

We continue talking about everything and everyone for the next hour and a half.

This is what I sort of like when not talking to Chris everyday.

Because in the end we can have the chance to talk about so much more at once which is truly refreshing.

"Yeah, one second Chris, I'm going upstairs to my room." I inform him while walking up my stairs.

Walking into my room I hear someone ringing one of my burner phones and realized it's an unknown number.

Of course it would be an unknown number, it's literally on a burner phone!

"Chris, I got to go, someone else is calling me and I guess I have shit to do." We end the call and I take a deep breath before answering the burner phone.