He's adorable, I could just eat him up, I see another guy take a seat at the counter, and I smile politely feeling slightly bad that I have to cut him short, "I'll be right back." He nods as I drift towards the other side of the bar, "What can I get you?" His eyes rake over my sundress, "Anything that'll make you want to come home with me." I smile casting my eyes over to Joshua in warning, "Nothing like that on the menu sir." He smirks, rubbing a hand on his stubbled jaw, he rakes his eyes over my body again, "Can you add it?" 

"I'll take this order J, scoot." Max scowls at the man and I scoot over squeezing his hand to gain his attention, he looks down at me and I raise my brows in warning, we can't afford to lose a customer, it'll come out of my paycheck, he nods once and I scoot back to the tequila guy, "Sorry for that, what was it you wanted?" He moves his eyes to Max who's frowning as he pours whiskey over ice, "I wanted to ask you on a date." I smile running my hands down my dress nervously, "Oh." 

His eyes drag over to Max who's walking over, his hand finds my hip, "Are you okay? It's time to eat." I roll my eyes but relax in his hold, "I will." He clears his throat, eyes fleeting between the two of us, "I didn't know you had a boyfriend." Max and I look at each other before choking on our laughs, "Oh God no, I'm very single." He smiles, cheeks a flaming red color, I brush over it, "I'd love to go out with you, let's swap numbers." 

Max stands there as we exchange numbers, I learn his name is Billy, I smile as he makes his way to his friends and Max guides me to the back room, "I can eat on my own you know." He nods, "Yeah but not today, I need to watch you a couple more times." I sigh setting down my pasta, "It's been over two months since that incident, how long are a couple more times?" He sighs and pulls out a chair beside me, "Honestly, I don't know, I'm scared, I don't want you to fall back into that hole, it was hard enough trying to dig you up." 

I sigh putting down my fork, "I know and I'm sorry, I promise if I need help again I'll reach out for help." He nods, staring at my plate, "Can I just sit with you today? Please?" I smile nodding. 

I feel full a couple of bites in, "I'm done." He looks between me and the plate, a frown etched on his face "Three more bites." I roll my eyes, "Max please, I'm full and stop frowning, your face will freeze that way." He sighs, feigning frustration but his lips tilt upward giving him away, "I'll force-feed you, three more bites Jackie." I comply because that wasn't an empty threat, he had done it before, when I took the last bite I slid the plate over to him, "Have the rest, I'm going up front." 

I walk back up front, dusting off the front of my dress making sure it's seated right on me, "Jack, I'm done for the day, are you good on your own?" I nod at Charlie, who's putting on his coat, he wasn't going to stay even if I wasn't okay on my own, that's why Joshua is now a regular, "Yup, I have Max and Joshua here, I'm good." He nods and walks to the back. 

I waltz around feeling better, I'm cleaning the counter and taking orders, and I turn to rearrange the drinks again to keep my hands busy, "Excuse me I'm looking for-" The words die out as I turn around smiling. 

Clarence told me once that I smile too much and it'll drive customers away, but I don't agree, it's brought around some weird people but all in all, I think it makes people's day a bit better.

"You're looking for who?" She stares at me, waiting for a few beats, I shuffle on my feet awkwardly, "Jackie, I'm looking for a Jackie." My eyebrows draw in confusion, me? I didn't do anything, "Why?" She leans on the counter and takes a deep breath as if to steady herself, "Clarence, my sister, she told me to tell her she's in charge of close-up today, and to tell her where the key is." I beam, she said she'd never let me close up because I'm too pretty to be out that late by myself, "Yay! I'm Jackie by the way, where are the keys?"