"yeah, pizza sounds good." robin spoke as steve nodded along.

anais giggled as mike playfully spun her around, slinging an arm over her shoulder and walking with her to a back exit of the festival. waiting outside for the group was a large black stretch limo.

"oh my god!" dustin squealed, being the first to jump in making ana laugh a bit. the rest of the group climbed in, amazed by the beautiful interior of the vehicle.

"are we allowed to eat the candy?" mike asked, picking up a green gum ball from one of the many glass jars that lined the walls.

"of course babe, you're allowed to take anything in here. it's my limo."

mike smiled and popped the gum all into his mouth, chewing for a second before leaning down and pressing a kiss to anais' lips.

she smiled. "what was that for?"

mike shrugged. "dunno, i'm just really proud of you right now."

she smiled even harder and put a head on to the boy's shoulder, holding his hand and stroking her finger across the thumb.

i don't wanna leave him.

•••

"i'd like to propose a toast." marshall said to the booth of people they sat with. everyone raises their soda along with them, paying idle attention.

"anais; for your talent, skill, determination and ability to adapt. you make me endlessly proud of you. i'm not only lucky to be your drummer but i'm also so incredibly lucky to be your friend. you kicked ass tonight, im proud of you girl. to ana!"

"to ana!" everyone said, clicking drinks together and cheering.

she smiled brightly at them. "i love you marshall."

"i love you too ana banana."

all the friends continued eating, basking in each other's company in the empty pizza shop. mid conversation the jingle of the bell on the door pulled bex out of the moment.

"ana.." bex spoke cautiously.

"hm?" she turned to the boy only to see him looking at the door, and when she followed his gaze she felt her heart drop.

"look at that julie, looks like there's a party going on here." a tall brunette boy with a black lip ring spoke. he was kind of tall and slim, broad shoulders adorning a leather jacket.

"juliane.." anais spoke in a cautious tone.

"who the fuck is this?" robin whispered to steve.

"ana i can explain don't get mad-"

"are you out of your fucking mind?" anais spoke in a loud tone making everyone flinch. "don't get mad? juliane rachel fairchild are you fucking sick?"

"not the government name." bex whispered to marshall who responded in elbowing the boy.

anais stood out of her chair, pushing it in and grabbing julie's wrist. the girl brushed last matt making the boy stumble and stormed outside.

"every time i hunk you can get worst you prove me wrong julie."

"i just-"

"everyday you find a way to fucking out do yourself and oh my god isn't it amazing that it's always with a guy that you have to prove these "points" with me? i guess eric didn't make a big enough statement so you go all the way to the slums of daylesford and pick up some pleather wearing, two timing, dirt bike having dallas winston wannabe ass bitch. congratulations julie. i think you really outdid yourself this time i think you deserve a fucking metal." anais said. she shook her head at the girl in front of her before turning around, only to bump into matt.

"what do you want matthew." she asked, crossing her arms. anais hated this boy's guts.

"just to see your face," matt commented. "breathe your air. seems you're too good for little old me now that's you're a big superstar."

"i've always been to good for you, matt. and quite frankly, i always will be."

matt grabbed anais' arm hard enough to bruise it as she walked away. "ana you may be at the top now, but let's not forget who got you there."

"i got myself there." she maintained, tugging her arm but he wouldn't let go.

"oh so you taught yourself how to play guitar? how to write music? how to rock a crowd?"

ana tilted her head. "matthew, im talented as hell. i'm a fucking rockstar, always have been- forever will be. you know what you are? a loser from daylesford who can't make it out the hood." she gave a fake frown to his angry expression.

"you little bitch-"

"get your fucking hands off my girlfriend." mike spoke, walking swiftly towards the pair and pushing matt away from anais.

"your girlfriend???"

•••

FAE SPEAKS
omgg hiii pookiebear a
it's been soooo long srry guys, short chapter
but i'm back and i'm staying
i've always been learning french!!
comment allez-vous le gars?
je t'aime <3