Eight

"We are having a baby!"

⛔️Trigger Warning ⛔️
Chapter Eight: The Finale

Delia had launched herself out of a window to save a woman who was falling off a hanging sign, she almost fell out the window as well, she saved her and slowly was regretting to because every news outlet wanted to interview her, she did however learn a lesson that there's a line in life, you save people and they save people and so on so on, in this life in this world, the way things work. She was excited to everyone she was pregnant, she had been holding this secret in for the while, she had a lot of trouble hiding it, the constant throwing up, and mood swings and soon she would have to switch to lighter duty soon.

Lucy apologized for kissing Buck, she didn't know he was married and honestly didn't remember doing it until Delia sat her down, she wanted to be a woman about this to make sure, they that could still work together as a team.

It had been a long shift and after coming home and taking a shower she found herself falling asleep while cooking the food, Buck had to physically remove her from the stove he sits her down on the couch and she falls asleep immediately.

It was like case after Case was harder to work life seemed harder than it should be, a woman fell down a structure and it was like she knew she was dying and she didn't want them to try and help her. Life wasn't supposed to be this way, you help people until the very end and maybe it was the hormones or the just the fact that she had the biggest heart but she cried all day that day.

The days grew longer but went by quickly and soon it was hard to hide. She texted everyone to meet up at the one place where everything started, of course they were confused, they didnt know why she wanted to meet at the firehouse.

"I know you all are a little confused, and that's okay you won't be in a few minutes but... I am pregnant." she says quickly as everyone looks at her with wide eyes.

"We are having a baby!" she screams as the women in the room are now screaming, the thing about life was that it was unexpected, soon their days were filled with decorating nursery and deciding on baby names, chimney almost fainting at the sight of the size of Delia's stomach each chance it got to grow bigger. Delia takes one last look at the fire house before her, she thinks back to all the memories,

"Hi, Remember Earlier when you said I smelt like Honey? Well I think you smell vanilla, it reminds of my Abuela, she used to wear this perfume that smells like Vanilla and I would always take in a big breath everytime I hugged her. I know how you feel. These people that you love, Tracy and Vanessa, they're hurting. And when someone you love is hurting, it's scary. I know because I'm scared too. My abuela is hurting too, everyday all the time. But I know I'm gonna get through this because I'm not alone." The bus starts creaking as Delia waves Bobby off the bus he backs away slowly moving out. "Look see, it's just you and me. We can ride this out, CJ. All you gotta do is hang on." she reaches out her hand and he grabs onto it. She looks to Bobby who is outside of the bus now and nods.