Three

"Probie!"

"Probie!"

⛔️Trigger Warning ⛔️
Chapter Three: When in Doubt
5x05: Peer Pressure.

Delia came back inside from her run. She was drinking some orange juice at the counter when Buck trudges down the stairs, in a LAFD sweatshirt and shorts.

"Hey. Thought you were gonna get some sleep." Delia smiles at her husband.

" I, uh, I forgot my phone." he walks down the rest of the stairs going over to the table to get his phone.

" Chimney still not texting you back?"

"Uh, no, he, he did." Buck looks sad and Delia walks over to him rubbing his shoulders.

" That's great.  See I told you he would come around. What'd he say?"

"Stop texting me, Buckley."

Delia winces "Well, that's... progress? "

"I haven't heard from Maddie since I told her about Chimney leaving. I guess no one is speaking to me."

"That's two people. Not quite everyone." She smiles at him as he shakes his head.

"No, it's, uh, it's weird at work, too."

"It's not weird, people are just adjusting?" She lays her chin on shoulder.

"It's like no one is even talking about him. You know, they're just avoiding the subject. Avoiding me. Hen is being weird, Eddie's being weird. Everything is just off."  Delia's heart breaks, she knew everyone missed Chimney, but that they were adjusting to life without him.

"You think they blame me for him leaving town?"

"Probably not as much as you do." Delia squeezes his shoulders as he sighs as she steps out in front of him now, his arms around her waist head nestled in the crook of her neck. "You know not  everything is about you," Buck chuckles. "Sometimes people are just in a bad mood for no reason, I am sure everything will even out soon."  she explains as he lifts his head up.

"I love you."

"I know." she replies as they laugh. "I love you too."

//

Delia hops down out of the ambulance, she was working with Hen a lot more since Chimney left, Bobby wanted Eddie to start learning the ropes on how to work with Hen too, so Today they were partners, Ravi was an official member of their small crew until Chim came back which no one really knew when that would be.

"Okay. Buck, Eddie is with Hen so you, and Ravi grab the forcible entry tools. Delia you're with me."

" Follow my lead and try not to step on my toes."

" Lucky for you I'm an excellent dancer." Eddie mutters as Delia just shakes her head at the pair; it was going to be a long shift.

"Same goes for you, Probie." Buck mutters to Ravi who gulps thickly.