Twelve

"Hayden!"

"Hayden!"

⛔️Trigger warning ⛔️
Chapter Twelve: The Real Delia
3x15:Eddie Begins

"Firefighter Diaz, do you copy?"

" Five by five, Cap. Over." Eddie's voice is heard over the radio system Delia was currently in the kitchen cleaning up from the cooking she was doing.

" Chimney, report"

"Read you loud and clear. I've got eyes on Hen, who I can already tell screwed up my coffee."

" And yes, my radio's working just fine. Over."

"Delia, do you copy?"

"Yes Bobby, I still don't understand why we do this. My radio works perfectly fine and the lasagna is ready. over"

" Buck, sound off."

"We have visitors, Cap." Delia laughs at her boyfriend peering over the landing next to him.

"Buck, the whole point of the test is to say it into the radio."

'We have visitors, Cap. Hey, did I pass? Over."  he says into his radio as Delia laughs.

"Close enough."

"Dad!"

"Hey guys" Eddie approaches his son and Carla as Delia is bickering with her boyfriend. She nods her head towards the trio and the couple make their way down the stairs.

"Is that what I think it is?" Buck asks, nodding to the case in Eddie's hand just the thought of a silver Star made Delia have flashbacks.

" It's a silver star 'cause my dad's a hero." Chris smiles as Carla sees the glazed over looks on Delia and Eddie's faces.

" We don't need jewelry to know that."

" Do you ever just wear it?" Buck asks his voice, pulling Delia from her daze.

"Never found an outfit to go with it." Eddie replies as Buck takes the medal from his hands.

" Ooh, if I had a medal, I would never take it off."

" We know."  Delia and Eddie reply together as Carla and Chris just chuckle.

"You sure this is what you want to bring to school on Friday?"

" And you so you can tell the story."

"Is that a story you can tell fourth-graders?" Delia speaks up quirking a brow at Eddie while ruffling Christopher's hair who giggles.

" Not really."

" Please, Dad. Please?"

"Yeah Eddie Please." Delia begins to a puppy face alongside Christopher as Eddie sighs seeing as either puppy face would be hard to resist but it was two of them and there was no way they were backing down.