20: Broken

20: Broken

Five Hours Earlier

Five Hours Earlier...

" I got stabbed, and it sucked. But then I remembered something a wise man once said: "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

" Ah, wise men of history; Aristotle, Solomon, Dr. King, Bueller, Bueller." Hen mocks, as Delia high five her. The two women went to Chim's apartment to check on him.

"Don't mock me. I'm convalescing. Anyways, Ferris Bueller only had one day off. I have weeks of free time, and I'm determined to make the most of it. Last time I almost died, I didn't get to have any fun at all."

" Is that why you're turning all your clothes into index cards?" Delia quirks a brow at the man, arms braided over her chest as she leans against the shelf with Hen.

" Not all of them." Chim begins holding up a shirt in his hands and closing his eyes.

" What are you doing?" Hen snaps as Delia laugh.

" I'm trying to determine if this shirt sparks joy, and I did, and it doesn't. And now I thank the shirt. Thank you." He tosses the shirt in the pile next to him as Delia laughs harder and Hen hits her in the arm.

" Okay. You need therapy, Chim." The hen sits down in front of him as Delia nods in agreement.

"Martha is a great woman for me. I am sure she can find someone for you." Delia says as Hen nods toward her.

"You both just almost died. Now you're just gonna prance over to her place and pick her up for dinner like it never happened?" Hen continues while Delia stays in the same spot she is in observing Chim as he folds his shirts.

" No. Maddie is coming over here to pick me up because she is a modern woman. And also, I'm pretty sure they couldn't get the bloodstains off that brick." Chim jokes as Delia and Hen chuckle.

" So I guess Maddie still sparks joy?" Delia asks with a small smile on her face.

" Always," Chim replies as the Wonder twins smile at how lovestruck their friend is.

"Don't panic, because panic can be more dangerous than flames, toxic fumes, or a sucking chest wound." Bobby turns to half of the Trouble trio; the other half was upstairs with Hen. "Guys? All you need are three numbers. Can anyone tell me what they are?"

"911!" The group of kids yell.

It was that time of the month again. Where they talked with the local elementary school kids about fire safety and what to do in case of emergencies.

"Yes. Now, does anybody know what happens when you dial those numbers?" Bobby asked as Harry raised his hand. "Harry Grant."

" They call a fire truck."