Twelve

"Sometimes we get stuck

"Sometimes we get stuck."

⛔️Trigger warning ⛔️

Chapter Twelve: Halfway There
2x04:Stuck

The Oxford Dictionary defines "rut" as "a habit or pattern of behavior that has become dull and unproductive but is hard to change." The word is also defined as "a long, deep track made by the repeated passage of the wheels of vehicles." There is some comfort to be taken in the second definition, for when you find yourself stuck in a rut, you can be sure others have been there before you.

Delia had made sure to forget everything that happened with Buck a few days ago. She chalked it up to being exhausted. She assumed that if she forgot then he wouldn't bring it up but now he was being more and more overprotective. On top of that, she had to Block George's psycho ass he wouldn't stop texting and calling. They arrived at the call seeing a crowd of onlookers taking photos. They could hear cries for help and looked up seeing a man wedged between two buildings.

" Whoa. Whatever you do, brother, don't suck in that gut." Chim mutters as they all race to the parking garage to assess the damage.

"How are we doing, George?"

"I can't... I can't feel my legs. And I think my ankle's broken."

" Sir, do you have any idea how long you've been down there?"

" I saw the sun come up." He moans and groans as the crew look at each other before back at George.

" Well, he's wedged in there pretty good."

" How's your breathing?"

"I can't take a deep breath."

" Hey, George, can-can you show us how high up you can reach? If we can drop you a line, we may be able to pull you up." Buck yells as George takes in a breath

"Okay." he begins moving his arm up

" Nice and slow, George."

"That's it," he screams in pain barely able to lift his arm above himself.

"Whoa, easy. -George, just... keep hanging in there, we will get you out."

" What are you thinking, Cap?" They decided to go to the apartment underneath the parking garage while Hen, Eddie, and Delia watched from a window in the building across from the garage. He drills a hole through the wall hitting George's leg who starts freaking out.