Seven

"Karma's A Bitch"

"Karma's A Bitch"

⛔️Trigger warning ⛔️

Chapter Seven: What Goes Around Comes. Around.
1X08 Karma's a bitch

It was one of the calls that Delia felt uneasy about. They had been to this place before. You could easily tell that the man was beating his wife. The wife hung herself from the tree and it took everything in Delia not to break down. She kept trying to do compressions. But due to the pouring rain and the fact that she had been at it for almost an hour. They couldn't revive her which made her blood boil, she had witnessed things like this firsthand and felt them herself. She walked up to the man that night in the pouring rain and punched him in the stomach. He of course wanted to press charges. And she didn't care, it was worth the suspension. Athena had managed to get the guy to not go through with the charges. But couldn't shake that call from her mind. She blamed herself for months, for not being able to save that woman that night. All the images flooded her brain, cutting his body down. It was all coming back to her. They patched the man up the best they could as she looked down at him. Bobby looks back at the man and then at the tree.

"The bullet she fired at him... Did it fly out of the tree when he blew it up?" Delia and Hen both look up at the tree now and then down at the man before them

"Karma's a bitch."

The members of the 118 were sitting next to one another with IVs plugged into their arms. They were donating blood Delia was sitting in between Hen and Buck, with one earphone, a magazine was open on her lap and a bowl of m&m's was next to her in the seat. She was shimming her shoulder to the beat of the music while Chimney was talking.

"So I want to thank everybody for donating today. I don't know if you know this or not, but 90% of all the blood given to patients in the Los Angeles area comes from volunteers. I know that we all put our asses on the line in the field every day to save people, but today, you're saving people, and all it's taking is a tiny prick of a needle. So simple, even Mr. Buckley can't mess that up." Chimney jokes as Buck salute. He begins squeezing the stress ball with one hand and trying to steal M&M's from Delia in the other. She smacks his hand away every time. He whines and they begin bickering, not noticing the conversation between Bobby and Chim in front of them.

"They are my candies. When I asked Hey Buck want anything from the store and you said no. I took it as okay Delia, more M&M'S for you."

"Come on Del, you have a big jar of them, just give me a few."

"No, you need to learn your lesson."

"What lesson?"

" Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. You're the captain of this house, and you're the only one who didn't participate." Chim explains causing Delia and Buck to sit up from their chairs and stop their bickering.