Nineteen

"Maddie saved herself I just helped !"

⛔️Trigger warning ⛔️

Chapter Nineteen: Adrenaline Rush
2x13 Fight or Flight.

Evan Buckley didn't think anything of it, he was coming over to see how Maddie was doing for her date with Chim, but also to give flowers to Delia just because he wanted to, he wanted to make her smile and was anxious as hell for their date to happen. But when he walked through the corridor his skin turned three shades lighter at the sight of his best friend/colleague Howard Han on the ground bleeding from his abdomen.

"9-1-1 What's your emergency?" Buck places the phone down frantically pulling off his jacket.

" I am at 1832 Bryson Avenue. I have an adult male with multiple stab wounds to his torso. Need medical and police response."

" Okay, sir, can I get your name?"

" Evan Buckley. I'm a firefighter with the 118." He rolls Chim on his back who is Fading in and out.

"Buck?"

"Yeah, the victim is Howard Han. He's got profuse bleeding in his abdomen. Breathing is labored. Might have hit a lung." he pressed his jacket harshly to Chim's chest looking around.  "Come on, Chim. Hang in there."

" Buck, RA unit's two minutes out. Do you know how this happened? How long has he been down?"

" I don't know. I just got here and found him. Given the amount of blood, I would say minutes, not hours." He begins looking at Chim, eyes filled with unshed tears.

" How's his pulse?"

Buck presses two fingers to Chim's neck. "Weak, but it's there."

"Jason..." Chim slurs his eyes still closed.

" H-Hold on, he's... he's talking. Chim, it's me, it's Buck. I'm here, okay? I just need you to stay with me, Chimney."

"Jason took her...  "

" Chimney, who is Jason?" Buck asks as Chim shakes his head.

" Maddie..."

"Where is Maddie? Chimney, where is Maddie? Chimney, where is Maddie? Wh-Where is Maddie?"

"We got it, sir." Paramedics run over to Buck and Chim and he runs into Maddie's apartment, everything happening so fast. He frantically yells for her name before the thought crosses his mind. Delia, where is Delia? Surely she would call if she was leaving Maddie's where did she go? He continues to search the house this time looking for Maddie and Delia, the two women were joined at the hip ever since they met, he knew Maddie would love her, but she always wanted a sister anyway.