Even back when you considered Jungkook your enemy, you'd never wish death upon him.

Yes, he could be an insufferable dickhead most of the time, but he didn't deserve the cards he was dealt in life. It wasn't fair.

You couldn't bring yourself to imagine Jungkook in that sort of business. He was a clean-cut guy who liked chocolate donuts on Sunday mornings and who would drop whatever he was doing to help out a friend in need. The latter could've been what got him into that mess in the first place, though.

Since he was always willing to help, Jungkook wouldn't tell his father no. Maybe Jungkook couldn't tell his father no. That man had a lot of power, after all. He could command one of his other enforcers to put Jungkook in his place for disobeying. Jungkook's life was practically in his father's hands.

It pained you to think about Jungkook's formative years being spent bagging drugs for his father to profit off of. There was no doubt in your mind being a part of that was detrimental to his psyche. You understood why he needed to start seeing a therapist in high school.

While he may not agree, despite what he went through, Jungkook turned out to be a wonderful person—a wonderful person who, in a strange twist of events, you now called a friend.

"Do you have any more questions for me?" Jungkook wondered a little later into the night.

"Wait, you're actually letting me ask some?" you giggled.

He nodded. "This is a lot to take in, and I wanna make sure you understand."

You thought about it for a second. "How long has my brother known?"

"He didn't find out until the very end," Jungkook confessed. "Hyung caught me in the middle of getting high one night. I had lines laying out in the open, so there was no use in trying to hide it."

"What happened when he saw that?"

"He...he cried," Jungkook divulged, seeming to get choked up himself. "I felt so fucking guilty for hurting him, but he felt guilty too for not knowing. It wasn't his fault though. I didn't want him to know, and I tried my best to make sure he never would." Jungkook quickly wiped a fallen tear. "I entered a treatment program the next morning and was clean by my twenty-first birthday."

You also had to dab a few tears away. "I'm so sorry, Kook. I had no idea."

"That's good," he acknowledged. "That means I hid it well."

Jungkook was able to keep his addiction a complete secret. He and your brother told each other everything, so it was shocking to hear that Yoongi had been unaware throughout Jungkook's battle.

Yoongi had to have struggled just as much when he learned the truth; nobody wanted to witness their best friend in that state. However, apparently, your brother was good at keeping secrets too. He never showed that something was bothering him.

"I'm proud of you for getting clean," you imparted.

"Rehab was one of the hardest things I've ever done, but it saved me—it saved my college career, it saved my relationships, and it saved my life. I don't think I would've broken free from The Black Swans if I hadn't sought out treatment."

"How did your father react when you went to rehab?"

"He called me weak for getting addicted, and said I should've been more careful," he averred.

"God," you scoffed. "Your dad has to be the shittiest person on Earth."

Jungkook chuckled. "Yeah, he is. But he found it in his pea-sized heart to let me go while I worked on getting better. And when I finally was, he asked me to come back."