It's dark inside with only a few lights here and there, there are only a few people here already, I mean it's five o'clock somewhere, I stay glued to Max's side as he leads me to the counter, "Clarence!" 

A girl with neon red hair, a few piercings, and a beautiful smile walks up to us behind the counter, "Max, you bloody idiot, I haven't seen you in a while and, I'm afraid I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you yet, you're stunning." I blush at her words, and rake my eyes over her, "Okay, yeah, whatever, she needs a job." 

She was too busy staring at my face to hear him, "Sorry what?" I giggle and sit on a stool, "I need a job, Max says you're hiring." She nods, "That I am, and despite how hot you are I do still need to interview you." 

Max groans, "Clarence please, don't flirt with my friends, not while I'm right here." I smile and rest my hand on his arm, "It's okay, I don't mind it, she's hot too." She smiles, "Girlfriend?" He frowns, "Focus Lare." 

"Alright, where do you stay?" 

"With Max." 

"Do you have any experience with bar work?" 

"No, but I'm charming and a quick learner." I wink.

"Why should I hire you?" 

"Because you know I'll do good, and I need the job." 

"How do you want to be paid?" 

"Cash." 

"You're hired." 

"We should have sex." 

Max chokes on his coffee, "Jesus Jackie, I'm sorry Lare, she usually isn't this forward." She leans forward and my eyes dart to her boobs that are spilling out of her top, "I don't mind it, on the contrary, I'm intrigued,  unfortunately, I have a rule, I don't fuck employees, and you just became my employee." I smile eyes drifting upwards till we make eye contact, she sees my joking stare and runs with it, "I just got out of a relationship, I promise you, you're nothing more than a quick fuck." Max sighs exasperated, "Jackie Mendez, watch your mouth!" 

I smile at her, and she matches my stare, "I have a break in a couple of minutes, your place or mine?" I laugh when Max groans, "We're just teasing Max." He grunts sitting down, "Whiskey on the rocks Lare, on the house, you owe me." She nods turning her back towards us. 

"Lare?" She hums, "Like in the books? Or no correlation?" She hands Max his drink, "No correlation however you're the first person to think of that connection, which makes my reader's heart happy." I smile at the compliment.

My phone rings and Ames flashes across the screen, "Excuse me." I answer holding the phone to my ear and heading outside. 

"Hey." I breathe out, "Hi, what did I miss?" I smile, his voice offering me comfort, "Nothing, Max said yes, so I'll book the ticket and send it to you." He sighs but I can see the smile, "Babe, I can afford my ticket." I sigh, hugging myself when the air nips at my skin, "I know you can, but I asked you to come, I'm paying James." He laughs, "Can I kiss you when I get there?" I sigh shuffling my feet, "James." 

"Jackie." I smile, "Maybe." He chuckles, "Alright, I'll talk to you tomorrow, I've got an early day." I nod, "Okay yeah, I'll send the ticket at like 5 pm my time." 

"Okay, bye." 

"Bye." 

I sigh and head back inside, "Loverboy?" I roll my eyes, "For fucks sake, James is just a friend." He hums, sipping on his drink, "Uh-huh and you look that happy after you talk to all your friends?" I nodded giving him a pointed stare, "Shut up." 

Clarence walks back staring at me, "You're cute and all but that outfit won't cut it." I look down and my turtleneck knit sweater and black leggings, "What's wrong with my outfit?" She points to her outfit, I run my eyes over her, she's wearing ripped jeans and a barely-there crop top, "No, she's not dressing like that." Max frowns at her, I frown folding my arms, "What do you mean? I can dress however I want."