10- I CAN'T FEEL YOU

HEY GUYS

I HOPE YOU ARE LIKING THE EDITED VERSION OF THIS STORY

I AM ADDING IN SOME CHARACTERS AND CHAPTERS TO GET THE STORY MORE RELATABLE.

I JUST WISH TO HAVE YOUR SUPPORT AND LOVE LIKE ALWAYS

THANKS

LOVE

MJ

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAKUL'S POV

It had been seven years four months and twenty eight days since I first saw her, my Swarna.

And four years two months fourteen days since I last felt her.

She was my heartbeat. Without her my heart was just a blood pumping machine.

It's as if she took away my heart, my soul with her; I was just a body without soul.

Life without her was like a painting without soul and color, just an empty sell.

I lost all the color of my life as I lost her cheerful smile from it.

I was living our moments together when suddenly she disappeared.

I suddenly woke up shouting her name "SWARNA"

I had been searching for her but she disappeared as if she never existed in my world.

I was breathing harshly as I know she was never coming back.

But I was grateful as even if it was just dream she was with me.

I knew I couldn't sleep. It had been the same ever since she left me I would wake up in the middle of night from this dream.

I took a cold shower to calm my nerves as I pulled on my gym cloths to start my work out.

I had immense myself in work; my short tempered nature had taken a significant hype in her absence.

The tiniest bits of mistake tick me off the edge.

I had turned cold to everyone around me, I lost all the warmth in my heart after she left me.

I still remembered our last conversation

******FLASHBACK*******

"Why don't you understand Nakul? It's my dream. MY DREAM damn it" She shouted out loud at me.

"Swarna, I will do everything to make your dream come true" I said frustrated at her.

"Why don't you understand? It's MY DREAM I want to accomplish it with my own ability; not with someone's help" she cried.

"I ...I just wanted to help you" I said as I defended myself.

"No, it's not just about that, you think my work is worthless, right?" she accused me.

"NO, I never thought like that, I have told you thousand times that you don't need to work so hard; women in my family don't need to work" I said in a matter of fact tone.

"My dream and ambitions are as worthless as dust in your eyes Nakul" she said as she suppressed her sobs.

"You just want me to be your trophy wife, right?"

"You wanted me to accomplish my dreams as soon as possible as I promised to marry you as I accomplish my dream, right?" she asked me.

"Nakul I thought you would change, if you see how much I love my dreams, I thought you would change but I was so-so wrong about it; you are just like your father who don't want his wife to have a identity of her own" she shouted at me.

She was crying bitterly as she said those words.

"But no, I would never ever leave my career , my dreams just to be your arm candy" she declared with blood shot eyes.

Her words were like knives stabbing my heart.

"ARE YOU LEAVING ME?" I asked her controlling my anger.

"Yes, if that's what is needed for me to have a free life. YES" she said turning to leave.

"NO, You can't leave me" I said as I back hugged her.

"Nakul, leave me" she said she wiggles to get out of my hold.

"Swarna, You know I can't leave without you" I said as I turned her to face me.

"Nakul, our relationship should never have happened ; I am rectifying a mistake by walking away. It was a mistake that will hurt us both if we continue this" she said turning her face away.

Her tear were unstoppable.

"Swarna, it's not a mistake and how could you say that? Look I am with you; no matter what, I will always be there by your side" I said as I cupped her face to look at me.

"Okay, you want to work Right?" I asked her.

She just looked away; it broke my heart that I hurt her.

"I promise I would never ever interfere with your work until and unless you ask me to" I said looking her in eyes.

"Please don't say something you couldn't do" she said in a heavy voice.

"I know what I said is hard but I will try my best to restrain myself" I promised her.

"But just for my assurance and every other man that think that he could get you; to know that you are mine; can we get engaged?" I asked her.

I just wanted the world to know that she is off limits for anyone other than me.

"There you go again" she gave me a pointed look.

"It's not my fault to be insecure when you are this beautiful that I couldn't resist your charm" I said lightly brushing her rosy cheeks.

"Okay, we will be engaged but don't you dare propose me for marriage in such a stingy way" she said playfully glaring at me.

"Gosh where did I got this stingy man?" she said dramaticly

"Don't worry darling; the wedding proposal will be as grand as the wedding" I said as she hit me playfully.

"But don't you dare go back on your words or the consequences are sever" she warned me.

*******FLASHBACK ENDED*******

I was getting ready for office as I had an important meeting with a client and then I would be directly heading to the airport to fly for US to attend a business meeting and dinner.