Part Three - Chapter One : Suzie, Do You Copy?

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I have to go, Steve. We can finish the movie sometime else." You say, putting your jacket on before you feel his arms wrap back around your waist, pulling you back into his clutches before collapsing back onto the couch. "Steve, come on! I have to go!" You say, nervously laughing and blushing profusely as he nuzzles into the side of your neck. He grumbles his displeasure at the mention of you leaving.

"Whatever, you're no fun. I have to get to work anyways." He says, finally releasing you. You burst out into laughter at the image of him in his stupidly cute sailor uniform. "I'll make sure we stop by sometime today or tomorrow then!" You call to him, making him groan in displeasure. You salute to him before making your way out of the front door and into your car.

Due to being best friends with Steve, he had helped you get over your fear of driving. You now drove everywhere you could, no longer fearing the outcome of it.

It was a solid hour until you got to Camp Know Where, so you put a cassette tape into your car, bopping your head to the music it made.

——————-

You finally got home, one of Dustins many bags in hand, opening the unlocked door with a giant smile plastered onto your face. Lucas, Will, Mike, El, and Max were all currently hiding in the house to surprise Dustin. You had planned this about a week ago, wanting to make his first day back special after a whole month of not seeing anybody. You had left the key for your house under the welcome mat sign at the door for them to let themselves in.

"Alright, Dusty! Where do you want this?!" You call to him loudly, making the others aware that you were finally home. "Uh, my room?? Where else?!" He shouts back from the outside, still gathering up his stuff from the back. He was decked out in 'Camp Know Where' merch from head to toe, even his cap you got him all those years ago had been replaced, much to your dismay.

You heave the heavy bag into his room just as he asked you to, plopping it down onto his bed before racing back to the living room where the rest of the group was hiding behind the wall. You hear Dustin go into his room with a hearty sigh, and turn to Eleven who was standing next to you.

"Now." You state softly. She smiles up to you, nodding in understanding before closing her eyes, a small drip of blood running from her nose. You hear all Dustin's vast array of toys come to life, all of them wandering into the living room from his bedroom.

"You're dreaming. It's just a dream." You hear your brother utter, all of you going from your hiding place to behind him. Lucas puts the poster up in front of himself, Max counting down until...

"WELCOME HOME!" You all yell from behind him, yelling into your noisemakers as Dustin screams, attacking Lucas with his Farrah Faucette spray he got after Steve's advice. They both yell, Dustin with a war cry, Lucas in pain, and you go to separate the two.

You start to laugh at the situation at hand, as it was all quite amusing to you. "IT HURTS!!" Lucas yells, squinting his eyes to not get anymore in them.

"Yeah, no shit Sherlock. Come with me." You say, leading him and Max to the kitchen to wash the substance out of his eyes. You turn the sink water to cold as Lucas whimpers in pain.

"It hurts it hurts..."

"Yeah, I know. Here, Max, bring him over here." She does exactly that, and you gently put Lucas's head under the running water.

"Better?" Max asks him as he lifts his head from the cold water. "Still stings..." You sigh, going into one of the drawers before handing him a towel. "Yeah, that's what getting sprayed in the eyes with hairspray will do to you... Sorry about that buddy." You apologize, running his back in sympathy.