the rain pattered down on the two, almost soaking them.

taehyun tried everything to calm the crying boy down, but it was useless.

he sat there, rubbing his back and whispering to him.

beomgyu tried to calm down, he did, but nothing was working. every thunder that rumbled in the sky terrified him.

"what do we have here?"

a sneering voice came from above them.

taehyun looked up and saw the one and only choi yeonjun.

his friend was right beside him, the same sneering expression on his face.

"yeonjun, kai"

taehyun greeted half heartedly.

yeonjun raised his eyebrow and snickered, punching kai's shoulder.

"look at this pathetic b-tch right here."

yeonjun laughed, kai mirroring his laugh with an added smirk.

yeonjun went to kick beomgyus pathetic figure, but taehyun stopped him, standing up.

"aww, you're so small I could flick you away with my pinky."

kai pushed himself in front of yeonjun, cracking his knuckles.

"oh can you?"

taehyun taunted, swiping his tongue across his lips quickly.

kai blinked and looked back at yeonjun, who had his lip between his teeth, looking down at beomgyu.

taehyun noticed and stood in front of his friend, crossing his arms.

kai laughed and curled his hands into a fist, raising it above him. he brought it down on taehyun, but the older was quicker.

he grabbed his fist and twisted it around so that kai's arm stuck out at an awkward angle.

he gasped and looked at yeonjun, who was too busy looking at beomgyu to notice his discomfort.

taehyun rolled his eyes and threw kai forward, with so much force that kai toppled over, scrambling to get up.

yeonjun finally blinked away his trance and looked at kai, who was still on the ground.

"get up. what are you doing on the ground?"

yeonjun rolled his eyes and grabbed kai's outstretched hand, hoisting him up.

beomgyu hadn't realized what was happening, being so caught up in trying to breath right.

he finally looked up and his eyes widened.

he tried to get up, but the bruises on his stomach said no.

he stumbled forward and his hands reached for the nearest person.

who happened to be kai.

kai groaned and shoved beomgyu off him harshly, resulting in the younger being thrown back.

yeonjun smirked and grabbed beomgyus hair, yanking him forwards, then kai yanked him back.

he was being tossed around like a rag doll, completely helpless and unable to do anything.

taehyun tried helping, but kai pushed him away.

thunder mixed with yeonjun was not a good mix for beomgyu.

he was sobbing, trying to get yeonjun to stop, but he was relentless.

kai noticed the blood started to well up around many places on beomgyu and he stopped throwing him around.

"yeonjun! yeonjun, STOP!"

kai yelled, shoving yeonjun away from the crying boy.

yeonjun blinked, looking down at his bloody hands. he glanced at beomgyu, seeing the many bruises forming and the blood welling up at his nose and lips.

taehyun screamed and violently pushed kai and yeonjun away, cradling his friends limp body.

"ugh, I'm fine."

beomgyu grunted and forced himself to get up, ignoring the cries and pleads his body sent him.

standing up strong, he looked yeonjun in the eye, trying to hold back the cry that wanted so desperately wanted to escape his dry throat.

"is that all you got?"

beomgyu asked, his voice shaking slightly.

kai looked at yeonjun, who was poking his tongue through his cheek angrily.

yeonjun went to punch him again, but kai panicked and stepped in.

"no, it's not, but I mean we can't break your pretty face too quickly huh?"

kai said, flicking beomgyus nose.

yeonjun snickered and slapped kai's shoulder playfully, grabbing his arm. they took off in the opposite direction, leaving taehyun and beomgyu alone.

they were both suddenly well aware that they were soaked to the bone, shivering involuntarily.

beomgyu tried to keep up his strong manner as he started walking, but it eventually crumbled to pieces when a loud crack of thunder rattled him.

he gripped onto taehyun for dear life, forcing his legs to keep walking.

taehyun noticed this and stopped, making the older stop as well.

"get on."

taehyun said and beomgyu looked at him like he was crazy.

he shook his head and taehyun rolled his eyes, crouching down for beomgyu to get on his back.

beomgyu sighed and hopped into taehyuns strong back.

his legs wrapped around taehyuns slim waist. the younger held under beomgyus knees.

beomgyu rested his head on his friends shoulder, trying to block out the thunder.

taehyun held his legs tighter and smiled when beomgyu wrapped his arms around him further.

"m' sorry."

beomgyu mumbled, hugging taehyun closer.

taehyun just laughed and shook his head, causing the specks of water that had resting on the tips of his hair to go flying.

"don't worry, I'll always be here to protect you, you weakling."

he joked and beomgyu bit taehyuns shoulder in a playful way, making taehyun screech and take off running, beomgyu screaming with him.