Q&A ANSWERS!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Game Over
q&a answers

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

thank you all so much for
the questions!! the q&a will
remain open for newcomers to
ask anything they'd like in the future.

let's get started, shall we?

Q. Regarding Lip and Phoebe, did they get a happily ever after? marriage and kids? — orxngeheart

A. Lip & Phoebe go through a lot. With her grief and his home life, they go through a ton of tribulations. Sadly, though, they do end up splitting up when Lip goes through his struggle with alcoholism. Phoebe finally leaves Chicago and starts a new life. I do believe, though, that they do come together in the end. Maybe later down the line when they both have sorted their lives out.

Q. Why exactly did you choose to kill off Alan?

A. Alan is a special character. A very, very special character. When I first created his character, it was just a build up for Lip and Phoebe. I started out with the plan he was going to leave. Something would happen, maybe an argument, but then as their relationship was building, I started to feel like a break up wouldn't be right. They compliment each other so well that I just couldn't see them breaking up. And that's when it happened. It was either they stayed together or he died. And I did want Lip and Phoebe to get together in the end, so death it was.

Q. Sequel?

A. Maybe! Since writing the book, I took a break from watching Shameless (mostly because I watch so many other shows, too). The book was definitely left open for a sequel, so who knows! I am, however, writing an alternate universe for the two in Jeremy's new show, The Bear on Hulu!

Q. Does Dicky Peterson get his just desserts? — @gloworm-

A. Yes!! I'm planning on writing "bts" type things for the book sometime where we get to see some scenes that didn't make it to the final product. And Lip and Ian jumping Dicky is one of them!

Q. When you were still in the beginning stages of the writing process, did any of your ocs ever have different names? Or even different personalities, or different character arcs?

A. This question is my favorite!! Yes, so, Phoebe was named after the character from Charmed. So, she was either going to be named Phoebe or Piper (since Piper was my favorite). Her character personality stayed the same mostly, but originally, her character arc was going to be having a baby. She was originally going to have a pregnancy scare that resulted in an actual pregnancy. Her mom, Millie, was also originally supposed to leave. Phoebe wasn't supposed to get kicked out, and Millie was supposed to leave after Patrick threw Phoebe on the ground. She just ups and leaves, and Phoebe basically gets the whole house to herself when her dad is gone.

that's it for now! once again,
thank you so much for the questions
& the support you've all given the
book! and thank you so much for
70K reads, that's absolutely insane!!