CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Game Over
chapter thirty three

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

"HEY, HEY, HEY!" Phoebe entered the Gallagher household with a bag hanging from her arm. In tow was her boyfriend, who held a box of what appeared to be glass Coca-Cola bottles. "Christmas came early," Ian announced as he entered the living room from the kitchen. She threw him a wink in response. "Why's there a stripper on the TV?" Lip chewed the filter of his cigarette as he sorted through cables. "You do realize the party is tomorrow, right?" She nodded her head. She had just gotten off her shift and thought she would help with setting up, maybe bring snacks a day early. She'd do anything to help, really. "What, are you already getting tired of me, Phillip?"

He popped open the top to his beer and glanced toward her with a half grimace. She laughed at his attempt. "Okay, genius. Let's put the coke's in the kitchen." Alan had closed the door behind with a struggle, but followed his girlfriend through the house. The two entered the kitchen where Debbie and Fiona sat at the table with movies spread out. "Alan!" Debbie exclaimed. The boy beamed over at the young girl. "Hey, Debs! Happy, uh, unbirthday!" Phoebe snorted in amusement. "I brought snacks and cokes. Where do you want them, boss?" Fiona pointed over toward the freezer. Phoebe nodded her head and moved so Alan could squeeze past her. "What's the movie agenda?"

"Nonexistent right now," Fiona answered as she tucked away the movie case she had been holding. Debbie frowned. "I just want it to be scary so no one will be bored," she explained. Fiona scoffed. "The movie isn't scary. It's filthy." Phoebe placed the plastic bag full of chips onto the counter and approached the table. She plopped down beside Debbie with a sigh. "You want to scare them just enough that they have trouble falling asleep, or do you want them to be so scared they can't even get up to use the bathroom?" Debbie's wide eyes met Phoebe's with so much excitement and anticipation. "Number two."

"Slasher movies. Those are usually the go to sleepover movies. But if you want to scare the crap out of someone, you have to go for the ones based on a true story." Fiona released a groan. She watched as the two girl's huddled together. "The Conjuring. The Haunting in Connecticut. You could even throw in the low budget films like The Blair Witch Project." Fiona looked to Alan as he sat back and watched with amusement. "I'm sure we can find some pirated DVDs." The back door broke apart the growing tension in the room. Veronica entered, surprised to find Phoebe and Alan in the room. "Hey," she greeted the couple with a warm smile.

"Bad news." She directed her focus on the woman sitting down, closing the door behind her. "We got work tomorrow night." Both Debbie and Fiona's face fell at the statement. Phoebe placed her hand onto Debbie's with a frown. "I can't. Debs party is tomorrow night," Fiona replied. Veronica shrugged her shoulders. "Well, Ivan rented the place for a private party." Debbie hit her palms against the table top with a scoff. It caused both Fiona and Phoebe to jump. "You're the one who made me have this stupid party. If you flake, it's gonna suck." — "No, it won't, Debs."

The young girl shook of Fiona's attempt at salvaging the excitement she had once had. Debbie stood from her seat and crossed her arms with a pout. "Can somebody else take my shift?" Debbie moved to take a coke bottle from the box, already wanting to cry. She didn't even want to have a party. She was fine with what she had in the house, and what she was doing with the daycare. This wasn't her definition of fun. "Some Richardson hall of fame party said anybody who doesn't work is fired." Fiona let out a frustrated groan as she yanked her fingers through her wild hair. "Maybe we can make your party another night."