CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Game Over
chapter thirty eight

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

WARNING:
this chapter contains
detailed sexual content in
the second half of the chapter.

SHE SAT ON IAN'S FEET AS HE DID HIS SIT UPS, HER ARM RESTING OVER HIS KNEES. Debbie had clothes spread across the couch. She wanted to make a good first impression for her last year of elementary school. It was still so weird knowing that Debbie was that old. Time seemed to fly by so quickly. "For the first day of school, what if I wear this red top with these blue shorts?" She held the clothes to her body and turned toward her brother and friend. Phoebe hummed as she took a drink from her water bottle. "Red is a good color for you," she stated, pointing toward the top. "I like it." Ian sighed out a breath as he tapped Phoebe's elbow with his chest. "Must be nice to not get hand-me-downs."

"Or is the pink top better?" She switched out the red top for the floral pink one and turned back to Phoebe. The older girl pursed her lips. "Not stuck with Lip's old crap." Both girls ignored him as he continued his exercise, face turned toward the open window curtains. "It has flowers on it. Flowers are for babies, aren't they?" Phoebe scoffed. "No! There's a lot of cute adult shit with flowers on it," she argued. Ian looked back over at his younger sister sorting through her new clothes. "You're lucky Fiona's clothes don't fit you yet. Get to have all new stuff." Phoebe slapped his shoulder the next time he pulled up, causing the boy to wince. "You're not helping," she scolded the boy. "She asked for your opinion, not your problems."

"You're wearing sunglasses inside," he fired back, snatching them off of her face the moment he went back down. "Hey! The light is bright." She covered her eyes with a pout. She was still nursing a major hangover. She had slept for so long that by the time she woke up, her head felt like it was ready to explode. "You two are no help," Debbie sighed, starting to fold up her clothes. The front door opening caught the girls' attention and in came Lip. His brows lifted in surprise upon seeing Phoebe sitting there. "What, you two attached at the hip now?" She couldn't even respond because of her headache. Instead she rested her head onto her hand. "Good, you're here," Debbie vocalized, catching the blue eyed boy's attention. I'm trying to make a good first impression for my last year of elementary school."

He scanned over the clothes laid out for a beat. Ian had stopped exercising to watch the event unfold. "Hm, red top and blue shorts," he finally answered, pointing at the outfit Debbie had been thinking about. A bright smile crossed her features at his answer. "That's what I thought. Thanks." She began grabbing all of her new clothes and folding them over her arm. Phoebe and Ian kept silent. Lip cleared his throat, which caused Ian to continue his workout. He knew something stupid was about to leave his big brother's mouth. "Karen and I are getting back together. She ditched Jody. Now I can step up. Be a father to our kid." The moment her eyes met his, she felt her heart stop.

Why?, she thought. It isn't like he would wait for her when she's happy in her relationship. She could see herself marrying Alan. So why is she feeling so hurt over this news? "Why, what's wrong with Jody?" Debbie asked. Lip tore his eyes away from Phoebe to face his little sister. "He's a tool," he replied without hesitation. Debbie looked confused. "He is?" He nodded his head, humming in confirmation. Phoebe rolled her eyes. She didn't exactly get why he was a tool, but who was she to argue? "How will I know if I'm dating a tool?" Lip leaned against the couch, cracking his famous crooked smile. "You'll figure it out. Or we'll beat the shit out of him for you."