CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Game Over
chapter twenty three

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

THERE WAS ONLY ONE THING PHOEBE LIM FEARED MORE THAN THE BOOGEYMAN. And that one thing was her father. She fought against the police officer with all her might, eyes wide with fear. "Please, please, please," she begged. "Don't call my father." Lip and Ian were silent as the three were escorted into the jailhouse. People were being fingerprinted, locked together in handcuffs or shackles. She could feel her muscles clench with nervousness. "We have to," the officer told her, his grip bruising on her arm. "If you didn't want to bother him, you shouldn't have stolen a car with your boyfriends." Her eyes were brimming with tears at that point. She'd never live it down. This would be the last nail in the coffin reserved just for her.

Her eyes met Lip's and, boy, did he look guilty. His head dropped upon seeing the twinkling in her eyes. "This way." She expected to be put right with them. They all had been caught together, after all. But as the older officer with a receding hairline jerked her the other way, she knew that it wasn't going to be good. "Hold on, wait—" She could hear Lip calling after them. "Where are you taking her? What the fuck, man—" She looked over her shoulder to see the Gallagher boys being jerked around just like she was. "You can't just separate us," Ian stated, though it wasn't like they could do anything, anyway. Phoebe glared toward the older man with a hand clenched over her arm. "Over here," he instructed sternly.

He shoved her onto an uncomfortably cold bench before hooking her handcuffs up to a chain behind her. Lowly, he whistled. "Must have been quite the joyride, huh? It was a nice car." His hands ran over her shoulders, moving her dark hair from her face. "You must be a thrill junkie. I can tell from the eyeliner." His body hovered behind hers as he trailed the tip of his finger along her cheekbone. She jerked her head away from his slimy touch with a scowl. The officer circled the bench to plop down in the rolling desk chair in front of her. "What's your name, sweetheart?" She looked down at her shoes. Her arms were already hurting from their position behind her back. "What's yours, piggy?" she retorted, tongue swiping across her top teeth. She looked toward him with a venomous glare. Surprised, her stared at her for a moment, amusement evident in his eyes. Slowly, he leaned in front of her to reach her level, a crease forming between his brows.

"Are you obstructing justice?" he asked, head tilting just a bit. A tiny smirk resided on his face. She glared daggers in his direction. "Should I ask your buddies what your name is or... would they not know? I know your type likes to get around." She scoffed in disbelief, astounded by his attitude. "My type?" she repeated. "And what is my type, officer?" He smirked dangerously. He was getting a kick out of riling her up. There was something about the way his eyes trailed over her that made her stomach churn. He glided closer, his finger hovering over the flap of her jacket. He peeled her jacket away from her body to expose the t shirt she wore beneath and the belt that held her jeans in place. "Hm," he sighed. "Does Daddy not love you enough, sweetheart? Is that the reason you dress the way you do? Is that why you look for treasure in the trash?"

The tip of his finger pressed right below her jaw, forcing her to meet his eyes. He was an arrogant man. "I'll ask you one more time, hm?" He nodded his head, using his new grip on her chin to force her to mirror his action. "What's your name?" She bit back the urge to spit in his face. It was men like him that gave their hometown a bad reputation. It was men like him that reminded her just why she had stayed single. "Phoebe Lim," she reluctantly answered, though, her jaw tense. He released her moments after with a proud smile. "Now was that so hard?" He stood from his seat, only inches away from her. He was asserting his dominance, forcing her to be eye level with his private area. He was like an animal in the wild. He ruffled her head forcibly, chuckling darkly at his own shenanigans. "Don't miss me too much," he taunted her as he stepped away to find her file.