From a Distance

From a distance, I watched as you walked into the room. From a distance, I saw your face, your smile, the little sparkles in your eyes when you're happy.

From a distance, you captured my heart. And from a distance, I watched... Because I couldn't bring myself to come forth and make you mine...

From a distance, I held back, for I was afraid that I would be the reason to wipe off that smile. From a distance, I stayed, even when I wanted to wipe those tears with my fingertips, someone else would always beat me to it.

From a distance, I observed the way your eyes dulled, and the way your eyelash collected your tears; and even then, you managed to look breathtaking.

From a distance, you made my heart skip, and from a distance my heart ached. From a distance, I witnessed your love life and from a distance I witnessed your heartbreak.

From a distance, I saw your smile vanish and from a distance I hoped it would come back. From a distance, I saw your eyes lose its shine and from a distance I hoped it would come back.

From a distance, I watched as you slowly crumbled and from a distance I hoped your world would assemble again.

From a distance I prayed, from a distance, I wished, from a distance I watched; but that's all I was able to do. Because, from a distance... I was a coward.

--------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Thank you so much for reading 'From a Distance'! And ayyyyyeeee guess who's alive??? That's right, I'm still alive...

How have you all been? I apologise for taking so long to give a new update. I haven't been able to complete any of my works enough to satisfy myself. But this, I decided to try something new. Something that I never experienced. And I really like how it turned out, sure if I rewrite it again, maybe I can do better but I think this should be left as it is.

Something about this writing feels so personal which is kind of funny considering the fact that I have never experienced it, regardless, it holds a special place in my heart and I am proud to have written this.

I am sorry to say that there won't be any more updates coming up anytime soon as I currently have my exams and I need to concentrate instead of procrastinating and writing more and more new things(which I somehow started to do).

The same is to be said about my other book 'Discovering Clichés' or DC for short. I was actually planning on updating both the books at the same time but unfortunately I couldn't complete the second part of DC. I got stuck in the middle of the chapter and since have been unable to work through it. But do not fear, for I will come up with a solution in the later future!

Anyway, thank you once again for reading 'From a Distance' and please don't forget to vote and comment your opinion. Please let me know if there are any grammatical errors and I apologise in advance if there happens to be any.

If you happen to carry around a lot of wisdom and advice and wish to help me get better, my ears are open and ready to listen!

Until next time!

~Your lovely author