11th: A Night To Remember

"In the best conversations, you don't even remember what you talked about, only how it felt. It felt like we were in some place your body can't visit, some place with no ceiling and no walls and no floor and no instruments."

—John Green, Turtles All The Way Down

"Try it." Saad ni Clifford nang mailapag ang order niya sa lamesang inookupa ni Alona.

The delicious smell of lomi filled her nose as she looks at the appetizing meal in front of her. Doon nakaramdam ng gutom si Alona.

"Alright." Aniya at dahan-dahang hinipan ang sabaw ng loming binili.

She had ate this food before in different places but she doesn't know what made it better tonight.

Was it because now, she has someone as her company?

"How did you know about this place? Ang sarap ng lomi." Hindi niya mapigilang bulalas.

Hindi naka-takas sa mata niya ang tipid na pag-ngiti ni Clifford bago hinalo ang pagkain sa harap nito at sinagot siya.

"It's actually a funny story..."

Mataman namang nakinig ang dalaga habang kumakain.

"Which involves Elisha."

Her spoon stopped midway towards her mouth after the mention of her friend.

"Elisha?" Kunot-noong tanong niya. Hindi niya alam na malapit pala si Elisha at Clifford, or maybe, she didn't really tell her.

Seeing the confusion in her eyes, Clifford began telling what happened.

"I was suppose to go back to Criston with Jerome, if I'm not mistaken, it was Ma'am Lara's order. We were volunteers for the science month preparation that time. You were suppose to be there too, right?"

"Yes."

She remembers that, Science Month. It was a preparation for the opening of Science month in Criston for the High School department. She's suppose to there too as a part of the Student Leaders but she didn't have the strength then.

She was burning with fever that time and just decided to lock herself up in her room to rest.

"Magkahiwalay kami ni Jerome ng volunteer work. I'm on Technical and I remember he chose to help the Designs or Props."

Napa-angat ang kilay niya nang ma-alalang parehas sila ni Elisha na dapat tutulong noon sa Designs.

"Then lunch break came for us, I'm hungry and I forgot my phone at home so I went to the Props Room to look for Jerome but he was nowhere to be found. The only people there were other students that decided to have their lunch there."

"Since I was so hungry, I didn't bother to find him anymore and just went out to find food. I was roaming around looking for anything that is in my liking and I came here."