XCIII: The Shadowed Greenwood Part II

Start from the beginning

Amethyst noted that Legolas' responses were comparable to those of his father, citing the fiery disposition of Oropher and the chilly manner of Thranduil. The prince was more gorgeous than she had imagined, and she regretted having to tear him down. And it was evident that it would not be simple, given his father's might. However, this did not indicate that she would abandon her strategy. She wanted success in capturing Legolas now more than ever.

"You continue to provoke your luck; would you please step down from my father's throne and explain what you mean?" Legolas demanded once again, but this time he seemed prepared to instruct the guards to confine her.

Finally, Amethyst climbed down the Elvenking's throne and stood now in front of Legolas, her eyes seductively gazing at him making Legolas more furious. "I am not going to claim the throne, my Prince," she laughed "Not yet! Fine as you wish to know..." Amethyst started narrating then through the story of the blood oath and explaining that they have arrived to see the blood oath honored.

All felt in silence and Legolas went through all the emotions. Of course, he knew about his grandfather's oath, and how it was canceled and his father married his mother. "Are you telling me you wish to wed my father?" Legolas asked already understanding why his father did not speak about the moonlight elves and their leader.

"Ney, my Prince, how could I wed someone who was wedded to the Queen of Mirkwood." she said and the first part of her answer earn her some points but then came the second part that made Legolas almost jump from his skin "I am here to wed you! Will you not honor the oath that your grandfather took?"

Gimli was staring with a wide jaw at the elf and then Amethyst. He wiped his eyes and remembered what his ears had just heard. "Laddy, did you already have a lady waiting for you?" he questioned, knowing that his words were not correct but need to relieve some of the steadily increasing tension.

"No, Gimli! Have you not heard what the lady has said?" Legolas said while staring daggers at the dwarf who had the audacity to accuse him of concealing a maiden from them, especially for Xena. "I did not know!"

Xena was almost hard to deceive. Always, he got the impression that the towering warrior could read his mind with the same carelessness with which she handled everything else. Except for the moment, she did not realize she was Elrond's daughter and in a few other instances, she was generally adept at understanding people. Currently, she was having difficulty with the elves, but as of late, it had become simple.

She knew that the elf did not know about the purple princess, but knowing that Legolas was bound by a promise to marry someone broke her heart. She could not have been in love with the elf, right? He was permitted to marry anyone he desired. However, he would now consent to be with that purple demonic entity. Xena was enraged and prepared to assault the woman. In the end, though, she was too discouraged to even attempt.

"I know our history well Lady Amethyst, I grow into those customs and was taught from the best, to know that the oath was canceled and the Elvenking was allowed to wed another maiden. And now here you come with that broken oath to ask me to pay for something that was already settled? I will ignore for now your insulting actions towards the King and myself and we will have counsel upon my father's return. Now please inform me where my father is?" Legolas answered ignoring any of her fake tries to have him agree.

It was clear that the trick with the Oath would not have any effect on the prince. Amethyst needed time and Legolas away from Mirkwood so she would plot her next move. And she knew how she would accomplish that "Your father gathered his allies, dwarves, and humans and went to Gundabad, his mission to catch Uagz! We haven't heard any news for days." she said acting as if she cared.

"Gundabad?" Legolas repeated and closed his eyes recalling his father's words, the Elvenking was trying to keep him away from Mirkwood, away from Uagz. I do not of what you want to protect me father, but Uagz is mine! He thought and had already spun on his way off the throne room. Xena and Gimli gazed at each other worried, oaths and weddings were forgotten as they followed Legolas out.

"We ride now to Gundabad, that was his plan all along!" Legolas hissed as he was followed by the human and the dwarf. They did not say anything only watched Legolas summoning a few available soldiers to follow, and before dusk was upon they rode out. It would take them a few days to reach Gundabad, and he hoped that his father had not betrayed him and killed Uagz. Because he needed him alive to find out the truth about his mother.

Amethyst observed them from the window of her room as they ran to the stables, mounted their horses, and rode into Mirkwood. Legolas was consumed by his desire for vengeance and was not in the mood to deal with Amethyst or any other issue. Because he was unaware of the evil already there inside Mirkwood. One that was worse than the next adversary.

"Now, at last, my father, have you destroyed the white charms that would safeguard the prince, and have you discovered a method for him to remember?" said Amethyst, her voice vibrant with hues, her face innocent and lovely, yet she was prepared to bring evil today.

"Any protective spells cast by me are void," Dínenion replied, saddened by his actions. "And he was given a means to gradually regain his memories; I do not know when, but in time he will recollect everything. I now hope, Amethyst, that the Valar will overlook our crimes."

Now that she knew the enchantment had been broken and Legolas would remember, she did not want her father to remind her that her deeds were evil. "Father, you have gotten weak," Amethyst murmured and motioned for her father to come to the high aperture where she stood. Dínenion skipped beside his daughter, who embraced him. She said, "My poor father," as she caressed his shoulder.

Dínenion held his daughter and smiled, harboring a glimmer of faith that she still had some good. Amethyst offered him a strong embrace after she had thrust a dagger into his heart and heard him gasp many times. Her father glanced at her briefly with the inquiry "why?" before pushing him from the entrance and seeing him go into the river's icy waves.

Now that she was free from her father, she would watch the Prince crumble piece by piece.

((Upcoming Chapter Ninety-Four))

Thank you for taking the time to read this! Feel free to Review - Follow - Favorite!