"Well, being watched all the time doesn't sound really comfortable. But, hey. At least they're not keeping him in the cage anymore. We'll be seeing him around often, right?" I said and Duncan smiled, giving me a nod once again.

"Can I come too sometimes?" I asked playfully, hoping to come along with Duncan sometime while Duncan chuckled at my words.

"Sure. Although...I have a feeling that it won't be like any other father and son quality time together," he said. "Oh, come on. I am sure both you and Mr. Belloc will enjoy your time together. Besides, even though you're not showing it, you're feeling kinda happy inside, right?" I said and Duncan's cheeks reddened slightly as he looked away and mumbled quietly, "Y-Yea." I giggled quietly, finding his shy behavior somewhat adorable. We spent the rest of the walk towards school in a comfortable silence as we continued to walk hand in hand.

By the time we walked into school, Duncan and I were just casually joking around with each other unaware of all the attention we've been receiving. We leaned by the rail which was kind of like our usual chatting spot now as we continued to talk. A few people waved at Duncan and me while on the corner of my eyes, I can see some people whispering to each other while giving Duncan nasty looks.

I noticed that Duncan was starting to become aware of it too as we looked around and realized that a majority of the students were acting differently. Some people smiled and waved at Duncan while some people gave nasty stares and glares. "Is it just me or am I getting more attention than I had on my first day?" Duncan asked and before I could say anything, someone beat me to it as the person tapped onto Duncan's shoulder.

We turned around to see two guys standing behind Duncan. Oh, it's Dre and Leo!

Dre was one of the club members from my drama club. He has a brown tanned skin, black hair and wears a pair of round glasses. He was one of the cool and geeky nerd guys who is kinda close to me in the drama club.

Leo was a pretty cool, laid-back guy with great athletic skills. He was also from our drama club and also was someone more popular than Troy among the ladies because of his personality. Sharp blue eyes, short dark black hair and a fair skin. And despite him being popular, Leo was pretty nice, cool and the guy who speaks his mind. Like literally. And that was one of the reasons why he was popular. For being brutally honest.

"Hey there, fire breather," Leo greeted, smiling at Duncan while also giving me a short nod as a greeting. Dre smiled and waved at us, giving a nervous smile, "H-Hey."

Duncan and I shared a quick look before we smiled back, "Hey guys."

"Uhh...hey," Duncan greeted back, seeming a little confused since he doesn't know who they were yet. Leo smiled which was very rare as he held his hand out to Duncan. "What's up? My name's Leo and this is Dre," he said, pointing his other hand to his closest friend, Dre, who smiled and waved at Duncan again. "Hey, Duncan." Then Dre smiled and waved at me too, "Hey (Y/n)." I smiled and waved back at him, "H-Hey."

"Hey Leo. Hey Dre. Nice to meet you guys. I am Duncan," Duncan said as he shook his hand with both Leo and Dre.

"We know. After what you did at the party and the homecoming, pretty much everyone here knows who you are now. Thanks for saving the whole school by the way," Leo said, making Duncan and me look at each other once again.

"Uhhh...I am not sure what you mean," Duncan said while I nodded and decided to join in the conversation as well. "Umm...Leo, what do you mean by everyone knows Duncan, now?" I asked and Leo raised his brow at me. "Haven't you heard? A lot of people saw how Duncan fought those Kaijus at the homecoming," he said while Dre nodded, "They are calling him Fire Breather."

Fire Breather?

That doesn't sound too bad.

Duncan look at the people who passed by as they gave him the nasty looks while some people smiled and waved at him, "That explains all the reasons why I am getting extra attention today."

I frowned slightly. Of course, how could I forget?

There was one thing that was faster than lighting.

Gossip.

"Come on, just ignore the ones who are giving those ugly looks. Just ignore them no matter what they say," Leo said, casually hooking an arm around Duncan as he bent him down a bit which caused Duncan to become startled. "They can deny the truth all they want, but we all know what happened. We saw it. You could have avoided it, but you didn't. You saved us and we wouldn't be here if you didn't. End of story. So what if they still avoids you? That saves you from wasting your time. Less fake friends and more true friends, am I right? Besides, you have our feisty homecoming queen as your girlfriend and us supporting you. And Kenny and Isabel if I am not wrong. You can find Dre and me in the drama club with (Y/n) most of the time," Leo said, casually hooking an arm around Duncan's neck casually which startled Duncan for a second, but then, he saw Dre, Leo and me all smiling at him and smiled knowing Leo was right. "Thanks," he slowly said while Leo smiled and let him go.

Just then, the bell rang, signaling that it'd be time for our first class in a few minutes before the second bell rings. "Well, it looks like that's our cue to go. How about the four of us sit together at lunch and get to know to each other today? What do you say?" Leo said which surprised Duncan even more. "U-Uh, yea. That'd be great," Duncan replied with a smile. "Great, see you guys at lunch then!" Leo said and with that, he and Dre said their goodbyes and waved at us before they started walking towards their class.

I smiled and turned back to Duncan who's been left with a small happy smile on her face. "See? I told you, you'll start having new friends before you know it," I said with a smile and Duncan looked back at me as he smiled. "I never doubted you," he said, gently holding my hand back in his. "Come on, let's get going to the class as well before the second bell rings. Remind me what we have for our first class again?" Duncan asked as the two of us started walking down the hallways, hand in hand.

"Literature class. Wanna sit together with me?" I asked with a hopeful voice and Duncan chuckled as he raised up our intertwined hands a little. "How can I ever say no?" Duncan said with a very warm smile as he brought our intertwined hands nearer to his lips and pressed a quick kiss on one of my fingers, causing my cheeks to burn up slightly at the warmth of his lips that lingered on my finger.

And with that, we smiled and went into the class.