75

hi ily. sorry. will update again much sooner. been so busy. also i have a date tomorrow which is exciting. his name is Alex. which admittedly is a bit of a shitty name.

happy reading lol

Lottie's POV

"Come on. Get in the car." River rushes. "You are going to be fine."

It was the first day of exams. It was math. And I was being forced to go in and sit the exam even though it has been five days now.

Six by the end of this one.

I have not studied for these exams. I mean I did before Rowan disappeared but since then I haven't been able to get my head into it.

I reluctantly get into Cole's car, which River was borrowing, mainly to force me into school and I sit there grumpily.

"It's one test today and then you can go home." River says. "It's math, we can both fail it together."

I am not having a good time at the moment. Which I think is reasonable.

It's probably not appropriate to start crying right this second.

But despite my acknowledgment that I am being silly, I have almost cried like fourteen times this morning alone. So I just rub my eyes as they start to burn and River sighs unhappy with my unhappiness.

"Maybe you shouldn't be coming in." River says softly as he starts to drive.

"Have to."

"Well then we will be ok."

I nod, looking out the window.

"I know-How about to cheer you up I get you some breakfast? Have you already eaten? The exam doesn't start until nine. We have time."

I shake my head.

"Come on." River groans. "I can't have my only friend here waste-away in front of my eyes. You want some strawberries? Or mango? Or pineapple?"

I shrug then.

"A shrug is better than a no." He says. "Ok." River heads towards the grocery store and I feel my stomach cramp in nerves.

I feel sick.

The nervousness cannot even be categorised into different bottles now. It's just one bucket of worry. About everything.

I feel my eyes burn again and then I breathe out a laugh at myself. I am so emotional, goodness.

I feel my stomach cramp again and my eyes widen and the feeling.

Oh.

Period.

Ha, when I was with Nathan I was on contraception and therefore didn't really have periods. But I stopped taking that and now I seem to forget about them until the last minute.

If I get my period in my exam and I am unprepared I will literally just sob. Like that would be the last straw.

River pulls into the grocery store, to I guess find fruit for breakfast and I say. "I need tampons as well."

"I am not buying fruit and tampons." River laughs.

"Why?"

"Just er- like I don't- just come in with me."

"No."

"Come on." River laughs.

I cross my arms over my chest. "Get me tampons."

"But what ones?"

"Oh my days." I say. "It's not that hard-"

"I know but it's embarrassing for a guy to-"