33

Hope this works lol- it took so long for wattpad to allow me to post:)

Happy reading, remember to vote and comment:)

"Dad this is Rowan." I say as we walk in, my dad having opened the front door for us. "This is Fran, Rowan's sister. And you remember Sutton right?" I ask.

They come trailing in behind me and my dad nods, giving them all a small smile. It's not that friendly, my dad's not an overly friendly man. But it's friendly enough that I know he isn't being stand-offish.

He looks at us all.

Then he sighs. He looks at me directly. "Did you abandon your mother at a strangers house?"

My lips part. I shake my head.

"She has Nova?" I offer.

He rolls his eyes at me. "Cole and Rayne are in the front room."

"Rayne's here?" I ask excited. Looking at my friends then who were gathering behind me. I roll my eyes at how unnaturally they are all stood.

"Take your coats off." I laugh. "Toss them in my room, or over my door."

Rowan nods, opening up my bedroom door and walking in and my dad looks at me. His eyebrow raises.

I roll my eyes. "You know they've been here before, hush."

He nods for me to come through to the kitchen so as Sutton and Fran walk into my bedroom to take off their winter coats, I bounce through to the kitchen and then into the front room and I grin at Cole and Rayne who were just chilling on the sofa, snacks and sodas surrounding them as they were watching some sort of film.

"Hey." I say, walking over to Rayne and then dropping down beside him and he lifts his arm to greet me quickly.

"Where are your friends?" He asks.

I nod. "I am just saying hi, they'll be in the kitchen in a second. What are you watching?"

"Quiet Place." He says. "It's about to end."

I sit back up and Cole lifts his hand to say hello to me, but his eyes are trained in anxiety at the tv, so I don't say anything. My dad comes into the room too, coming to sit back down on the other chair.

"Would anyone like hot chocolate?" I whisper.

They all nod, the music intensifying and all three men tensing around the room.

Rightio.

I'll just make a whole lot of it.

I sneak back out, going to the kitchen and I find Rowan and Sutton walking up the hall towards me.

Fran emerges out my room a second after and she smiles at me, coming to join us all in the kitchen.

"Sit down." I prompt them and Sutton and Fran walk around the island to sit and Rowan just silently comes and stands beside me.

"You making it with milk on the stove?" Sutton asks.

"Yeah, would anyone else like Oat milk?"

"Yes please." Fran says quietly and she leans forwards, leaning her head on her hands as she watches me.

I assume Rowan is going to help. I feel like he's uncomfy. I am not sure. So I just look at him directly, asking for his attention.

He glances back at me.

"You're my side of the kitchen Roe, so help me reach out seven mugs."

He turns going to the mug cabinet and I smile at how he knew where it was.