18

THIS IS A HOLY LONG CHAPTER:) happy reading. I do be sleeping now, make sure u vote and comment for me, ty <3

I wake up to Scarlett creeping into my window, my body tensing at the sudden intruder but when I see it's her I just close my eyes again, settling back into my sleep.

She, unfortunately, doesn't let me sleep, instead, she crawls into my bed and pokes my cheek to wake me up.

I pull a face and turn it into my pillow, muttering. "I am grounded, you're not allowed to be here."

"Pft your mum loves me." She says, laying down and I open my eyes to see her.

"I just broke up with Blaise." She says and my eyes widen.

"Pardon?"

"Yep."

"Um, are you good?"

She smiles, and then she shakes her head. "No but I will be."

"What happened?" I whisper.

She waves it off and gets under the covers properly with me. "Are you doing ok? I am sorry, I feel like I haven't been there for you like I should have been. Um, someone told me after you got sent home that you and Nathan were screaming at each other in the hall."

I close my eyes in awkwardness. "We weren't screaming."

"You clearly weren't being quiet; the rumour was going around that he hit you."

I wince.

"Blaise has tried to stop it though. Protected Nath. Made people aware that that didn't happen."

I screw my face up and reopen my eyes. "That is what-"

She rolls her eyes. "Yeah I know. He was on about how that rumour could destroy Nath's future."

I nodded. It could.

"He got suspended?" Scarlett asks.

"Yeah."

"For what he did to you?"

"No for hitting Blaise, and he hit a locker and stuff, kicked over a trash can or something I don't know."

"Nathan's not good right now." Scarlett says. "Like I know we hate him, but I... um... we've been friends with him for years. This isn't like him."

I close my eyes. I know. But I don't have the emotional maturity right now to look out for him. I know I probably should. Like I probably should put everything aside that he's done to me and concentrate on why he's such a fucking mess.

But I just can't.

"He's not been right since he cheated." She says and I can literally feel the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach at the mention of that. "Like he wouldn't cheat on you, I mean I know he did, but the Nath who adored you for years wouldn't have done that."

"I don't wanna talk about this." I whisper. "What time is it?" I say, rubbing my eyes.

"Twelve."

I look at Scar, she had a full face of makeup on, not one bit smudged. I am confused. It's slowly registering that she broke up with Blaise, that she crept into my bedroom at midnight and that I have been asleep the whole freaking day.

"Am I dreaming?"

She laughs, smiling at me. "No sorry, I am weird because I am a little high."

I look at her unimpressed.

"Oh shush, I had like one joint, I just-"

"Where were you?"

"Out with Lewis and that."