46

SORRY HI this is like pt1 of a chapter. but just thought i'd give this to u now

46

Lottie's POV

I wake up to the sound of Rowan quietly humming a song to himself, I turn around from facing the wall to find him watering his plants, headphones on and his back facing me.

It was bare, his back, he had gotten hot in the night and moved away from me, taking his top of as we were half asleep, and he had easily settled back down beside me.

I rub my face, trying to look a little less of a mess. To try and seem like I hadn't been in a deep sleep whilst he's been up and getting shit done. The room was a lot tidier. He has a water bottle in his hand which had little holes in the top of the cap, acting like a makeshift watering can.

I smile at his profile, him still not knowing I was now awake, but I watched as the morning light hit his back, and then as he turned his chest as he mouthed the words to whatever song he was listening to.

He doesn't normally wake up before me.

Nor does he usually get up out of bed for a while, it's usually a struggle to get him to wake up properly.

I watch him sleepily, deciding that there's no point trying to seem more awake.

It must be pretty early.

I hum a disapproving sound, making Rowan pause and he looks towards me.

He smiles slightly when I frown as our eyes meet. He turns his music off.

I lift my hand to ask him to come, just sort of seeing if he would and he nods and puts the bottle of water down, easily coming back to the bed and I am slightly confused when he gets in and immediately opens his arms to let me come close.

I don't know why it shocked me; it just did.

"You're finally awake." He says. "Waking up early is so fucking boring."

I don't know why it took me back that he swore either, it was early, I am tired.

Rowan had let himself back under the covers, meaning I could roll towards him and rest my face down against his chest, his arm coming round me.

He's usually always clothed, I just mean it's new, to be on his skin.

I stretch my hand over his chest, pressing my palm down over where his heart should be.

"Why are you awake?" I ask reclosing my eyes on instinct, they were just shutting, being here so comfy.

"Don't worry." He whispers. "Did you sleep ok?"

I nod sleepily and then tilt my face up. Looking at him. "Don't worry?"

He shakes his head. "I just had to take medication."

I frown and let my head relax. "You don't normally."

"Nah I do, I just was shit at taking it. I am better at it at the moment."

He seems better. I mean he seems like he's not in so much stress, pain. He seems ok at the moment.

I don't know how this all works.

He moves his hand over mine, I was just gently running my fingertips over his skin as I rested against him. He stops me.

"Guess what?" He whispers.

"Yeah?" I ask, looking up.

"We have the house to ourselves." He says. "Fran is back at school, mum is at work."