44

Hi! I know it's been another week! sorry"! But i am making it up to you with a chapter that's double the length or the last ones:))))

Happy reading loves. 

"Are you a hundred percent sure you don't wanna come?" I ask again, feeling slightly awful.

"More than sure, go have fun."

"I wouldn't go- parties aren't that fun for me at the moment but Scarlett went to all the effort, and she's invited everyone to celebrate us both getting in and I just feel like it would be super rude not to show."

"Lottie, stop stressing."

"I just.. I feel bad?"

"I know you do." Rowan says down the phone to me. "Stop it."

"We had plans." I whisper, disgruntled.

Rowan wanted to hang out Friday, but we couldn't because my family found out about me possibly getting into this school and so they wanted to go out for dinner. Just me, mum, nan and grandad, dad and Rayne.

So I had to ask Roe if it was ok that we did something on Saturday instead.

But now it was Saturday and Scarlett had just sort of sprung on me this afternoon that she was throwing us a party. So I had to cancel on Rowan.

But honestly as I walk to her house, not a single part of me would prefer to be doing this right now than seeing him.

Perfect scenario would be just if he came here.

But Rowan wasn't a fan of that suggestion.

Scarlett had even invited Sutton. I know. I don't know how she got in contact with him, but she did.

Asked if he wanted to come.

He said no, the whole- house of minors- still a thing. But the amount of effort Scarlett was going to made me feel like I just had to go. And she invited all of my fellow theatre people, even some kids from other schools, ones I did theatre within town.

So I could not say no.

But still. I felt bad.

"And we can hang out another day."

"Tomorrow?" I ask quietly, walking up to Scarlett's house and I pause outside it, not wanted to go in right now.

"Maybe. You might need a day to recover tomorrow."

"This is true." I say, smiling a little. "I am not planning on drinking much though."

"Where are you staying?" He asks. "If you need a lift home, I can do it."

"You can do it?" I laugh. "You make it sound so robotic."

"I just mean if you need a lift home, let me know."

"It's ok." I say quietly. "I have stuff to stay, I am trying not to go home after drinking at the moment."

"Okay." He says. "Right, I am about to pick Sutton up. You can stay on the phone, just thought I'd let you know he might get in the car too."

I smile, looking round to Scar's house. "Yeah I should go too."

"Text me if you're bored." He says. Then he laughs. "You don't actually have to text me Lottie, I don't mean it obsessively."

I just smile a little. I look back around at the house and I honestly just feel dread. I don't know why.

"I feel like..." I sigh. "Something bad always happens at Scarlett's. Something bad or I get upset or- I just have a bad feeling. "