16

Hi! surprise update! I hope you enjoy. It's really late so please leave comments for me to wake up to in the morning... :) <3 yous. 

Rowan's POV.

"Are you serious?" Sutton asks, his voice unsure on the other end of the phone.

"Deadly."

"I don't think this is a good idea." He says.

"Fine, don't come. I just know you're getting off work soon so..."

"Alright, no it's fine. I'll meet you."

"Fran is here too, I don't know if she's gonna let me leave on my own."

"So she's coming too?" He mumbles.

"Yep." I tell him, looking at her and she is just tying her hair up, watching me concerned.

Ha.

They think I am on the edge.

I am.

But this is a positive move.

I am almost positive that it is.

I run my hands over the little rocks in my pocket again and nod, I can get rid of them. Probably.

Oh well, I will deal if it turns out that I can, in fact, deal.

"Okay." He says. "I'll meet you at the woods then?"

"Usual place." I say.

"I might bring Lottie." Sutton says. "I'll ring her when I finish."

"Alright." I say and say that I'll see him later.

I end the call and toss the phone to the couch and then walk to the stairs.

'Roe?' Fran signs and I look up at her, staying quiet.

Sometimes they decide to sign to me when they think I am being weird. It's funny.

'Yeah?' I sign back.

'What did he say?'

'That he's coming and that he's bringing Lottie' I spell out her name because I haven't bothered to come up with a descriptive name yet.

That's what usually happens, like that we make up sort of nicknames for people to refer to them when signing. Fran's name sign is a butterfly, I don't remember why, it is just something my dad did. Sutton's is sunshine. Which is funny as that is also what his new friend refers to him as.

Or something like that.

But yeah, I don't usually make up sign names for people unless they stick.

And well, Lottie from school, she drifts around a lot. She's latched onto Sutton this month and well it's been interesting.

She's not a bad person. I don't think. Just slightly... a lot.

Fran clicks her fingers to get my attention and then signs. 'What's going on with them?'

I roll my eyes looking down and slipping my shoes on.

"You get that it's rude to click your fingers at someone?" I say, looking at my older sister.

"Well, you weren't replying to me."

"Just speak." I mutter.

"Hypocrite." She bites back and I lift my eyes to meet hers.

"Why are you here Fran? You have uni or something right?"