Chapter 12 - K.N

Namjoon is overwhelmed.

Staring at the beats layered over each other on the screen, yet no progress, nothing. His mind, is absolutely blank.

So, it wanders. He thinks about his partners, thinks about just calling it for the night so he can be with them. But he can't. This needs to be done in two days if he wants to keep up with his personal schedule.

He groans into a stretch, body cracking from being hunched over too long.

His eyes find the screen again. Still nothing. So he let's his mind continue its wandering, let's it drift to find the answer to the question that's suddenly striking in his head.

How the hell did I end up here? RM. Leader?

Before RM. There was Rap Monster...before Rap Monster was Runch Randa but we don't talk about him.

Rap Monster. A boy wanting to make it in the world. Rap Monster. An underground rapper to be feared.

Rap Monster met Agust D. Met his match, met his rival.

Every Friday night, Agust D and Rap Monster would meet on the stage. They'd spit disses, talk down in a rhyme so complex the crowd barely kept up. The biggest rivalry in all of underground rapping history. A win for Rap Monster. A win for Agust D. Rivals.

Every Saturday, Min Yoongi and Kim Namjoon would meet for coffee. Discuss techniques. Praises for particularly intellectual disses no one would understand but them. No one would understand because they never saw Saturday.

Never saw Namjoon, never saw Yoongi. Never saw the humans behind it all.

It started accidentally, Namjoon needing somewhere besides his house to read. Yoongi stopping for a pick me up after a not so fun delivery on his motorcycle.

"You read?"

"You're a delivery boy?"

From Saturday nights, to Sunday mornings, to every other day when Namjoon wasn't tutoring the overexcited but loveable Kim Taehyung or the terribly shy Jeon Jungkook.

On their last Saturday at the cozy coffee shop, Namjoon's finally ready to say it.

"How long are we gonna do this?"

Yoongi pauses mid sip, eyeing the lanky teen in front of him.

"Do what?"

Act like I'm not falling you, act like I don't think you could be my soulmate.

"Be underground rappers? Don't you want more for us- yourself?"

"I haven't given it much thought."

Namjoon sighs. Knows Yoongi has far more in his head than he'd ever say aloud. So Namjoon says it for them.

"We should try to find a label, we should do more, we can make it, together. M-maybe even more rappers- singers! Dancers! Maybe we could-"

Yoongi sits back, arms folding, face terribly unamused, "You mean an idol group? You want us to be idols?"

Namjoon deflates, "Well- sort of, no- not really, but maybe that could be a start?"

"You can't be an idol group with only two people."

"What about Jin hyung he's really handsome.. A-and Hoseok and Jiminie like dancing, and Jungkook-"

"Jungkook's 14."

Its not a no.

"I'm sure Taehyung would be down."