PART 30

"I know but I am not experienced and qualified for this," I replied.

"That's what we call grace dear. Grace qualifies the unqualified. It's a moment of thanksgiving to God for the quick manifestation of His purpose for you."

Felix said calmly as he drew me close to him.

"Listen baby, I am here for you, and I am also ready to support you no matter what it takes. Most importantly, you have God's backing so why worry?" Felix added.

I just stared at him deeply as tears flowed freely from my eyes. I was touched by his words and felt so fulfilled to have my man stand by me.

Felix wiped my tears with his palm and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

"All will be well baby. I trust you and I know you can do it. Cheer up and let's celebrate this moment."

He pulled the dining chair out for me to sit. I cheered up on the long run and we ended up having a very nice and amazing night.

****

The following day, Felix advised I should see Pastor Jude so we can discuss at length. I had to rush my house chores and leave for Church. On getting to the church, I didn't meet anyone, but I could hear voices coming from Pastor Jude's office. I decided to check if he was there. On getting there, I realized it was a radio. I knocked repeatedly but no one was answering. I made an attempt to open the door, but I was hesitant.

"Pastor Jude isn't the type that listens to radio, the last time I didn't notice any radio. Something doesn't seem right" I said to myself as I summoned courage and opened the door.

I was shocked and confused.

"Young girl, will you start explaining yourself?!" He thundered

I felt insulted by the name I was called. I noticed his stern look and his voice made me tremble.

"I am sorry sir; I never knew you were inside. I was only worried when I kept knocking and no one answered." I replied as I tried to take my leave.

"So, this is the rubbish you perform with Pastor Jude? No wonder you were chosen as the key preacher for the crusade." He spoke with a bullish tone.

I wasn't expecting such statement. I was lost and didn't know what to say.

I realized that if I do not say something, I would end up in a scandal. I was still trying to organize my thoughts when he added another hurting statement that made me totally speechless.

"So, you both had it all planned, you knew no one would be in church by this time that was why you fixed your appointment for this time. You might have succeeded in manipulating him, but you will not manipulate me!" He thundered.

I was seriously trembling, and it was becoming obvious to him that his words were having effect on me.

"How can a little girl like you be a key minister and speak to a large crowd when you can't even face me. You do not have the quality and confidence. For your information, we knew you and Pastor Jude were up to something that was why I was sent here to investigate, and I have gotten my fact." He added.

"Sir?" That was all I could say.

"Quiet! Listen and listen well, there will be a meeting tomorrow with the workers and crusade committee by 9a.m. You and Pastor Jude will hear the final verdict. Now, leave my office!" He yelled.

"I will not allow anyone insult my wife!" Felix said angrily.

When did he get here? Was he following me?

He picked his phone and tried calling Pastor Jude.

I went on my knees pleading.

"Sweetheart please don't call him, let me attend the meeting tomorrow, then we can know the next thing to do."

Felix was still hell-bent on calling Pastor Jude, but he finally listened to my pleas.

As early as 8am, I was in church for the meeting. Felix dropped me off and instructed me to call him if anything goes wrong. He was hell-bent on staying, but I had to give him reasons why he shouldn't, which he eventually reasoned with me.

While waiting for people's arrival, I had a flash back on Felix's recent action and I felt on top of the world. How lucky I am to have a man who deeply loves me and always ready for fight for me! He made me feel so important. I was still lost in my sweet thoughts when I heard my name.

"Sister Funke!"

I was shocked the moment I realized it was the same person that called me a little girl and spoke rudely to me.

"Good morning, sir." I went on my knees as I greeted him.

"No, don't do that, please get up, the meeting will commence very soon kindly bear with us, we are awaiting the arrival of Pastor Jude." He said in a soothing voice.

I was staring at him with uttermost surprise.

"Okay Sir," I said that absent mindedly.

"God bless you!" He said as he walked away.