PART 14

"Then let's have one! You keep saying the same thing. How many times do I have to repeat myself to you but what you end up saying is pastor Sam is always there for us," Mike replied.

I knew if I didn't stop them, things might get physical.

"Enough! You both feel pushing blames to one another is the best solution right? I'm highly disappointed!" I said as I walked out on them.

Moments later, I was in the room when Sade and Mike approached me.

"Sister Funke, we are very sorry for the discomfort we might have caused you. My wife and I hardly fight, but I just got fed up with the whole situation."

Mike said remorsefully.

I saw they were looking so sad, and it was obvious they felt so embarrassed.

"It's okay, it happens. The truth is, the short period I've spent with you, I fell in love with how you both cherish each other but we all know there is no perfect marriage anywhere."

I paused for a moment to let that sink into their heads before I continued.

"Bro Mike, it is expected of you to be the spiritual head of your family. I am not trying to justify Sade's actions, I know she meant well but she did it the wrong way. We never can tell if you were performing your spiritual duties as the head of the family, this issue might never come up."

I left Mike for a moment and faced Sade.

"Sade! You should be thankful you have a good man because not all men will accept this act of yours. Marriage is strictly between two people, and by the time you begin to involve a third party about everything that goes on in your home, then it becomes a public affair. Listen girlfriend, your pastor is human like you. God isn't difficult to reach. He is so caring and merciful that He makes it possible for anyone to reach out to Him irrespective of the state they come to Him."

"If only you both can have a close relationship with God, in the long run you will find it difficult yourself to involve your pastor in everything you do because the Holy spirit will always guide you." I concluded.

"So are you trying to say we don't need men of God at all?" Sade asked.

"Of course we do! Don't get me wrong dear. We are not perfect, so we can't know it all. Our pastors are there to guide us on specific spiritual matters. Also, we need their counsels but the moment we begin to see them as gods and involve them in everything we do, then it's becoming dangerous. Remember many are called but few are chosen. Be very mindful of who you call your pastor, that is why you need the discerning power of the Holy spirit to guide you and also have a deep understanding of the word of God so no one can mislead you." I replied.

=====

The remaining days I spent with them was very powerful. We had vigils, bible studies, and in fact, Mike and Sade became workers in a bible believing church after cutting off all ties with pastor Sam.