PART 2

I thought I did not hear her well.

"Did you just say mike proposed?" I asked.

"Yes!" She screamed. "He called me after the service yesterday and asked me out on a date. We met at ShopRite. To my greatest surprise, he went down on his knees right in front of everyone and popped the question, "Will you marry me?!"

As she narrated the whole proposal thing excitedly, I was lost in thoughts. Lots of questions rummaged my troubled mind.

"God! How is this even possible? Sade is a flirt for Christ sakes! How come you chose to favor her ahead of me? I am a fervent and devoted Christian who hasn't defiled herself. Even if you want to favor her, why Mike? Mike of all people! She doesn't deserve him! Mike is too good for her. God why?" I queried Silently.

"Funke!! Are you even listening to me at all?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and feigned a smile.

"Of course I am. In fact I am very happy for you. Mike is a very good guy and I am sure you guys would make a perfect couple."

"Aw! You make blush!" Sade said, flipping her hair.

"Anyways, I have to be on my way. I only rushed down to give you the hot gist."

She picked her bag and left the room.

I became uneasy, In fact, I was destabilized immediately she left.

Some minutes later, my phone rang and I was surprised the call was from Sade.

"I just hope nothing bad has happened," I thought within me.

"Hello Funke, sorry. I forgot to tell you, you will be my chief bride's maid," She said hurriedly.

"Of course girlfriend! It has to be me!" I replied happily.

"Thanks darling. I know I can always count on you," she said as she ended the call.

"Well, there is hope for me. If someone like Sade can get a good guy like Mike, a fervent sister like me surely get a better man. I know for sure that my guy will be way better than Mike." I consoled myself as I drowned in the world of fantasy.

After my prayers that night, I began to create a mental picture of how I wanted my man to be. I fell asleep amidst deep thoughts.

The whole preparation for Sade's wedding was really strenuous and time consuming. It took a whole lot of money and energy. Being her best friend, I had lots of things to do - too many activities which affected my evangelical ministry: evangelism being my calling.

I am a member of the evangelical unit in my church. In fact, It is one of my ultimate goal to become a global evangelist and I know for sure that I need a very supportive man to help me achieve this goal.

====

Finally! The day we had all been waiting for came: Sade's wedding! She looked so beautiful and radiant. She looked really gorgeous in her wedding gown. As she walked down the aisle, I felt so emotional and had nothing but love for her.

Finally, Sade would live a good life, the couple life. The ceremony was peaceful, a joyous celebration followed.

I got home safely the next day. I had deep thoughts about the whole wedding as I relaxed.