PART 17

"Morning my daughter, please endeavor to see me this evening. God bless you," That was the content of the text message.

It really isn't a message that should bother anyone, but I just felt a bit uneasy about it because my dad was present when Felix proposed and also he hardly sends texts except if it's a very vital issue.

I told Felix about the message; he encouraged me to visit my dad.

I dismissed my worries and hurriedly did my chores before leaving to see Pastor Kola. I remembered he asked us to see him.

On getting to the church, I was surprised to see Felix's car parked outside.

"How come Felix got here before me? I thought we both agreed to arrive here by 10a.m and this is just 9.45a.m." I asked myself.

I entered pastor Kola's office and saw Felix seated.

"Welcome Darling," Felix greeted.

"Thanks. Good morning Sir," I faked a smile to hide my anger as I sat down.

"Sister Funke, is everything okay? You look a bit moody and I noticed you didn't reply brother Felix well" pastor Kola queried.

"I know why she is angry pastor," Felix said confidently.

I gave him an unpleasant look to show my displeasure.

"Really? What could that be then because it's less than 24hours you both agreed to go higher in your marital journey," Pastor Kola asked showing so much concern.

"We both agreed to arrive here by 10a.m, I am sure she was shocked and angry when she noticed I have been here for a while because we spoke this morning and I didn't inform her I would be arriving much earlier," Felix explained.

"Is that true sister Funke?" Pastor Kola asked.

"Yes sir, I even tried his number it wasn't going through. I became so worried not knowing he was here," I answered reluctantly.

"Sister Funke, I must sincerely apologize, It was all my fault, I was the one who summoned brother Felix urgently. But Felix, you should have informed her."

"I tried calling her but my phone went off, I am very sorry dear," Felix pleaded.

"Apology accepted!" I said as we all joked about the whole situation.

=====

We were discussing about our marriage plans when a young man entered the office.

"Good day pastor, Felix baba morning." He greeted.

"Brother Johnson of God, good morning," Pastor Kola replied.

"Johnson I greet you, good to have you back brother," Felix replied.

"My dear, you see all those wonderful surprises you saw yesterday was the handwork of bro Johnson, I only told him what I wanted and he meticulously carried out my wish, he is definitely my best man," Felix said.