PART 22

While I was still thinking of how to salvage the whole situation, I received a call from Kokonbilo.

"Aunty pastor, happy holiday o, how you dey na?"

"Kokonbilo, I am okay and you?"

He noticed I wasn't sounding happy, and he forced me to talk. At first I felt why should I be discussing my personal issues with a tout but I knew he wouldn't let me be so I had to tell him."

"Ha! Aunty pastor wetin you sef do no good o. You know say them be padi so oga Felix go dey think one kind na. You go need beg am and make e give you the go ahead because if you later go meet the man and oga Felix no support you e fit cause big kasala o. No worry everything go settle. E dey happen jawe," he advised.

We spoke for a while before he dropped the call.

I was surprised he could be this reasonable. I followed his advice and to my greatest surprise it worked. Felix apologized for his earlier reaction and I made him know I made a silly mistake. He gave me the go ahead to meet with Johnson.

I had to rush my chores and prepare to meet with Johnson. I got to the place some minutes past four, as I stepped into the restaurant.

I saw Johnson from afar, he was looking so cute and elegant. When I walked up to his table, he beamed with smiles and I felt a cold shiver run through my spine.

"What's going on? Why on earth is Johnson making me shiver? This isn't the first time I'm seeing him." I questioned myself.

The truth is, I have never taking my time to check Johnson out all this while, not until today when I actually discovered his handsomeness. I had this strange feeling I had met him somewhere, I just couldn't place it.

"Welcome sister Funke, I'm sorry I disturbed you and I hope there was no difficulty locating this place?" Johnson asked.

"Not at all, I should apologize for keeping you waiting and please just call me Funke. I feel old when a big man like you calls me sister." We both laughed at my statement.

He ordered for drinks and after a while, he paused and cleared his throat.

"Funke, I know you would have been wondering why I called you here,"

"Exactly! I've been curious because we aren't so close. Can you please feed my curiosity?" I pleaded.

"Funke! This might sound stupid and contradicting,I can confidently tell you that you are my God chosen wife and I have received you even before we met in church that day." Johnson said.

I was shocked, it was like a dream and I couldn't still come to the reality of what I just heard. I was dazed and totally lost. Realizing I was totally lost, Johnson tried to bring me out of the confusion.

"I know it will be difficult for you to comprehend. I don't mean to destabilize your wedding with Felix, but the truth is I planned on making my intentions known before Felix told me you both will be getting married. I really don't know where it all went wrong."

"Johnson! I don't know what to say. For God's sake, this is the last thing I expected to hear from you!" I thundered!

Image Credit - https://bookriot.com/