PART 28

I never expected Felix to support me easily because I knew he detested living in other parts of Nigeria apart from Lagos or Ogun state. He got all we would be needing, made all necessary preparations and reassured me of his full support. As usual, I called Konkonbilo and gave him the whole gist. He was so happy, and he advised me. I kept wondering where on earth he could have gotten such wisdom. Such a wise and purposeful man. He was just a victim of circumstances.

Felix came back a bit late that night. After relaxing, he told me bro Johnson would be going with us.

"But pastor Kola never made mentioned of that." I said, showing displeasure.

"It's fine dear, the church decided to send him for a course in one of the best schools of theology. You know we are leaving now, and someone must continue from where we stopped. Johnson is the only capable person for now. So, the church felt it's best he gathered more knowledge."

I took a pause and pondered on what Felix said, putting sentiments aside, it was a wise decision because of course a successful person without a successor is a failure.

"You are right dear. God will see him through. I hope you have not forgotten to tell him we will be leaving home as early as possible?''

"Definitely! You should trust your husband."

"Who doesn't know my husband? Mr. No delay!" I replied as we both laughed and left for the room.

The following day, Bro Johnson arrived, and we left very early. We got to Jos late in the evening. The church ministers and few members were ready to receive us. It was a very warm and memorable welcome party. We were ushered into our beautiful apartment and given the necessary information needed to settle down. Bro Johnson suggested we have a vigil considering the fact that it was our first night there, and we all agreed. We finished the vigil quite early because we needed to meet with the church workers the following day.

Felix and I dropped Bro Johnson at the park where he would board a cab that would take him to the school of theology which was a two-hour journey from ours.

"Bro Johnson, I wish you the very best, please let's keep communicating," Felix pleaded.

"Definitely! Distance isn't a barrier and I do not even consider this a long distance, once in a while, I would pay you and sister Funke a visit."

"That will be very nice, you are always welcome." I said smiling as we bade him goodbye and zoomed off.

I felt so peaceful and glad deep down. "Finally, Johnson is out of my life!" I thought beaming with smiles.

"You seem so happy, is there something you are not telling me?" Felix asked curiously.

"My dear, I'm just excited. I wasn't expecting God to take me to this level this quick" I replied.

"Dreams do come true dear, and God is a master planner so enjoy this rare grace." Felix replied as he planted a kiss on my forehead,

"I love you baby and I will always support you," he added.

"I love you too baby," I replied but I knew I just told a lie. I was actually happy and grateful to God for bringing me this far, but I was very happy because Johnson is out of our lives for good.

"Lord have mercy on me, I just told a lie." I prayed silently.