PART 10

"Hello baby girl, it's Sade,"

"Sade! Where on earth have you been? You suddenly disappeared after your wedding."

"My dear, I am so sorry. I never knew Mike had his plans. Immediately after our wedding, we traveled to Canada."

"But at least you should have contacted me ever since," I queried.

Sade informed me about an international Christian conference taking place in Canada and also invited me to spend some time with her family.

I decided to speak with Felix about it, because I was not financially buoyant.

"How much will it cost you to travel down there and for your upkeep pending the time you are there," Felix asked.

I was shocked when moments later, he transferred the cash to me. I began my plans earnestly as the conference was in less than four days' time.

====

Felix and I arrived at the airport very early on the day I was to depart,

"My love, please be safe and do take care of yourself, it will be so boring without you" Felix said.

I looked through his teary eyes and I noticed he was trying his best not to shed tears. The thought of my man getting so emotional for me made tears drop from my eyes.

"Don't cry baby boy, I will be fine. I will just be away for a month. Your baby will be back soon," I said as tears flowed freely.

We spent some time together gisting and making love promises. Felix is such a romantic guy. As I went to board my flight, Felix couldn't hide his tears anymore as he waved.

It was a smooth and lively journey, as I alighted from the plane. Sade screamed the moment she saw me.

We embraced for some minutes. She was looking so fresh and big.

"My jolly jolly, I can see Mike is really taking good care of you, nawa!"

"Yes o! Padi mi. In, fact he treats me like a queen, thanks to my pastor," she replied.

I was a bit confused when she mentioned her pastor. I didn't bother asking further questions because I didn't want to spoil the moment.

=====

We left for her place and arrived there in less than 30minutes.

"Wow! What a magnificent place," I muttered.

"Sister Funke, Look at you!" Mike said as he embraced me.

"Bro Mike, it's good to see you after a very long time and thanks for completely stealing my friend from me," I said jokingly.

It was a very interesting reunion, as we were all gisting and trying to make up for the times we had no communication.

Sade and I was in the kitchen preparing dinner when Mike walked in putting on a red top. I noticed Sade's happy mood changed immediately she saw him.