PART 20

On getting to the place, I noticed a set of guys drinking and smoking but he wasn't amongst them. I was scared to approach them and know it's very risky for me to come to a place like this alone but I dare not tell Felix about it, that was why I chose to go alone.

One of the guys stood up and was coming towards my side, I summoned courage and approached him.

"Hello, brother." I called timidly.

"Hello! Awayu? First of all, me isn't a bro, me na Jobele." He replied as he began to praise himself while I watched amusingly.

"Ok. I'm sorry, Uncle Jobele good morning please I am looking for someone." I said.

"Yeh! Omo I don make am o, fine girl dey call me Uncle Jobele. Walahi as u don sabi me you sef don make am be that, oya who you dey look for?" he asked as he brings out a cigarette from his pocket and lit it.

I described how the tout looks to him. Immediately he knew who I was talking about. The way he screamed and jumped joyously was alarming.

"Olorun! Aunty yi dayan mo! Ah swearugod you sabi person, na konkonbilo u dey ask for. Kokonbilo!!! Ijoba 1, awon Eyan nla, any other kokonbilo is a cantasfit!" he hailed as he puffed his cigarette.

I couldn't stop myself from laughing when he said "cantasfit."

"You see wetin I dey talk, you sef dey laff, kokonbilo na better person o. Just that he no dey here again, he don commot tarmac tey tey."

I felt sad on hearing that.

"Uncle Jobele, please is there a way I can get in touch with him?" I pleaded.

"Ha! That one go hard small o because aboki no dey this environment, na only dem dey sell torch light" he replied.

I was getting pissed but there was nothing I could do. I had to explain what I meant to him.

"Oh, me I no know na, your grammar sef too much. Anyways I fit give you e number but you go need buy Paraga for me o because kokonbilo na big somebody so I no just fit give you e number like that."

"Fine! I've heard you but I would rather give you cash," I said as I brought out the sum of two thousand naira from my purse and gave it to him.

"Ye! Mummy yo! Only me na e you give this kind money, walahi maami, anything you want I go do am for you, infact if kokonbilo die I go give you e heaven number! Tuale mama," he rambled on.

I was getting so embarrassed and fed up with his drama. I collected thenumber I dashed off.

On my way home, I tried his number but he didn't pick. I noticed I was fidgeting and couldn't understanding why because there wasn't a single emotional attachment between the both of us.

As I alighted from the bus, I received a message from him. My heart skipped a beat but I finally read it.

"Hello, who be this? Abeg call me for night. I dey tarmac right now and the noise here plenty."

That night, I was trying to figure out how to introduce myself, I wasn't sure what his response was going to be. I was totally confused and after much thought, I finally dialed his number.