forty-five

𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

In the days that followed, the girls spent all their time together, getting to know each other better and becoming closer than they could've ever imagined. Davina tried to resist at first, she wasn't sure if she was still a prisoner, a hostage, or just there because they didn't know what to do with her. She tried not to get attached and tried to keep her distance from them. But in the end, she couldn't.

It was hard to resist, especially when one has been starved for company and affection for so long.

As the days passed, Davina got to know all of them more and more and she slowly began to like them and their different personalities.

Lucy was wild, confident, and easy to get along with. Every morning she would blast the radio on and sway her hips to the beat of the music as she cooked breakfast, barefooted, and singing along with each song. She had a nice voice. She was also a very powerful witch, delighting Charlotte and even Davina with her magic tricks. Like the times she used her magic to clean around the house.

Charlotte's eyes had lit up with excitement as she trailed after the enchanted mop, while dishes washed and dried themselves and the dining room chairs tucked themselves in. Lucy wasn't fond of cleaning so she sped up the process with her magic, something apparently her mother had done often while she was growing up.

"What's the point of having magic if you can't use it to make your life easier?" Lucy would said with a wink before digging her hands into a soiled pot and using her magic to create a snowy white orchid which now sat on the kitchen window.

She had showed Davina how to do it too. The young witch didn't have much practice with speeding the growth of flowers with magic. She had furrowed her eyebrows in deep concentration, kept her eyes closed, and her hands buried deep in the pot as she chanted the spell Lucy had taught her. The pretty orchid with soft purple flowers that sprung with the help of her magic was now in her room. It was beautiful and Davina's heart swelled with pride each time she looked at it.

Charlotte had wanted to try to. She had giggled like crazy as she dug her hands on the soil of her own pot. "It feels funny."

They all had chuckled at the look of fierce determination on her face as she said the words Lucy taught her.

"Close your eyes and concentrate," Lucy had instructed.

Charlotte did as she was told. Her orchid was rather small but the color was a vibrant dark pink. "I did it!" She exclaimed happily. She had even pronounced the words right at the first try. She had gifted her orchid to Bonnie of course, giving her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. Charlotte loved Bonnie with all her heart.

Bonnie had cried. "Happy tears," she had reassured Charlotte. Her hormones were all over the place after all. She treasured the orchid with all her heart.

Rebekah on the other hand was witty, spoiled, but fiercely loyal and protective of those she cared about. She was constantly looking after Bonnie, making sure she was comfortable and tending to her every whim much to Bonnie's embarrassment because there were times when Rebekah wouldn't even let her lift a book. "Remember that you need to rest," Rebekah would say with a smile. She was Bonnie's self appointed nurse and was always looking out for her.

Rebekah also spent extremes amounts of money online shopping, not just for the twins but she also bought Charlotte an entire new wardrobe and Davina as well. Because according to Rebekah, "a girl can never have enough clothes."

Davina had lost count of how many new dresses, shoes, and art supplies she had gotten from Rebekah. She had briefly wondered if the gifts came with a price, if Rebekah was going to ask her for a favor in return, maybe to help bring her brother back to life.