nine

What are you saying?" He asked quietly thinking he heard wrong.

"I think I'm pregnant." Bonnie told him.

Bonnie waited nervously for Klaus to say something... anything but he sat on the bed in front of her in stony silence. She didn't know how long they sat in silence, the sage candles burning still and the sound of rain hitting the roof. She had never seen him so still.

The moment she said the words she regretted them. What if she was wrong? What if she was letting the huntress's words get to her? Vampires couldn't have children. She couldn't be pregnant. But the symptoms were there and deep down she felt that it was the truth.

Klaus looked like a statue. He didn't move, he didn't say anything, he didn't even blink. But she felt his emotions echoing through the bond.

Shock...confusion...disbelief.

"That's impossible." Klaus finally said blue eyes pinning her to the bed. "Vampires can't procreate Bonnie."

"I know that." Bonnie told him. "But...the huntress said-"

"She lied." Klaus interrupted standing up. "It's a lie!" He said with conviction. He probably thought that she had lost her mind.

Bonnie shook her head. "She had no reason to lie to me, Klaus." She stood up, her stomach still felt queasy and she hoped she wouldn't throw up again. "She was going to kill me why would she make something up?"

"To mess with your head..." Klaus replied. "Perhaps you heard wrong." He suggested. He clearly didn't believe her and Bonnie couldn't blame him. It was hard to believe for her too.

"I didn't." Bonnie told him. "And it's not just her words I...I've been sick for the past few days and...I haven't had my period." She admitted, flushing with embarrassment. The last time had been before prom, before their first night together. "I didn't think much of it at first but now...after what she said...It dawned on me that it could be possible...that I..." She trailed off. How the hell had she missed all the signs?

Klaus stared at her in disbelief. "It can't be." He said. "You're wrong!" he snapped while pacing around the room like a cage animal.

Denial.

She felt it echo through the bond along with a mix of other confusing emotions.

"I should take a test." Bonnie said quietly. That's what she should've done in the first place. But the realization had taken her by surprise and when Klaus had asked her what was wrong she had just blurted it out, she hadn't thought, she hadn't processed anything. "Oh my god..." she trembled as the reality of the situation started to sink in.

I'm going to have a baby. She panicked. A baby with Klaus. Her hand shook as she slowly placed it on her still flat stomach. It was crazy. It was impossible. But the more she thought about it, the more convinced she became that it was true. She was pregnant. She was going to have a baby.

Klaus's gaze slid down to her stomach. "I'm a vampire!" He hissed taking a few steps towards her. "There is no way you can be..." he couldn't even bring himself to say the words. "Unless..." his eyes flared with fury, a gold hue appearing briefly.

Bonnie gasped and felt weak at the knees as a wave of emotions hit her with the force of a tsunami.

Rage... Betrayal... Hurt.

His jaw clenched, his hands balled into fists. "You've been with someone else!" He yelled flashing in front of her.

Bonnie stumbled back until the back of her knees hit the bed. She closed her eyes sitting down, feeling lightheaded by the emotions that echoed through the bond. "How could you think-" She couldn't believe he had just said that. "How dare you!" she snapped opening her eyes.