25

Nessa

I'm in my room throwing a pity party for myself when Elle comes in.

"Ness, I'm not trying to be a bitch but do t you think you've kept him waiting long enough? He didn't do anything wrong."

She's right. He didn't. But I did. It's been less than 24 hours and within thirty minutes of leaving Levi standing there yesterday I regretted it.

I walked around campus for a while thinking. Thinking about everything. And I came to the realisation that I was just projecting my feelings with my family onto him.

I mean he told me he loved me for gods sake. I don't think anyone in my family had said that to me in.. well I can't even remember the last time.

And now I was embarrassed. Embarrassed about the way I had handled the situation.

Flo comes into my doorway too and says, "you should've seen the poor guys face when you walked out. I almost started crying for him."

I glare and my friend, "thanks for making me feel even more shitty."

I inhale a deep breath and burst out crying. Both Flo and Elle are by my side in seconds.

"I'm so stupid. He probably hates me now." I sob

"He doesn't hate you." Flo soothes

"He loves you. He's in love with you." Elle adds on.

I cry harder, "how could he not hate me. I just walked out. I'm so stupid."

"Shh" Elle says rubbing my back

"Nessa, he's heartbroken because he thinks you don't love him back. He thinks you hate him and think he cheated on you."

"I don't think he cheated on me. I believe him. And I do love him back." I'm still crying as I talk.

"You do?" I hear someone say from the doorway. I look up and see Levi standing there.

Both Elle and Flo hurry out of the room. Levi takes a step in and closes the door behind him.

I'm still crying when I ask, "how much did you hear?"

His face is passive as he says, "all of it."

Levi walks over and sits on the end of my bed, "Ness, I don't want you to say you love me because you feel bad."

Great now I'm crying again, "I do love you. So much. And the only reason I left yesterday was because I was confused. As soon as I left i wanted to come back and tell you I loved you too."

Levi scoots closer to me and pulls me onto his lap. I burry my head into his neck and he strokes my back.

"I don't hate you. I could never hate you." He says. "I'm so in love with you it scares me."

I sniffle, "me too."

"I was going to tell you about Reagan. But as soon as I saw you waiting in the shower every thought flew out of my mind."

I pull away, "I believe you."

"Good." He says with a smile on his face and then adds, "I love you."

"I love you more."

Levi shakes his head, "not possible, pretty girl."

—————

Levi

It's the day after Vanessa's birthday and we had just arrived at my parents house. We were a little hungover, but Nessa was excited to see them.

I loved that she loved my family.