22

Nessa

I was deciding between two outfits. The first one my mother wouldn't like and the second one my mother would like just a little bit more than the first.

I go for option two. If only to make my life a little easier.

It's a plaid skirt that falls mid thigh and a tight black knit sweater. I pair it with my white converse and leave my long hair down.

My phone chimes and I see it's Levi responding to my last text. We video each other this morning and spoke for nearly two hours.

He was so sweet and his whole family got on the call to say hi as well. I really wish I was celebrating with him.

Levi: if they start anything, and I mean anything, you just leave and call me.

Me: I'll be fine.

Levi: just know I'm here. Okay?

Me: I know x

I was so head over heels for this guy. I wanted to shout it to everyone i saw. There was just this little voice in the back of my head saying it was all too good to be true.

My alarm to tell me to leave starts going off and I silence it before heading out the door. One last check in the mirror I apply a coat of mascara and lipgloss and am on my way.

—————

I take a deep breath and release it before I knock on my parents door. From the cars in the driveway I know that my sister and her Fiancé are here, and so are both Hunter and Jack.

If I was being truthful the only person I was looking forward to seeing was Jack. I had high hopes that he will back me today. I just hope it's not wishful thinking.

I knock on the door and a second later my mother is there. She has a face caked with makeup, her finest dress and shoes and her hair is all dolled up.

She was beautiful. I only wish she thought the same about me.

She looks down her nose at me, "looks who's late. Once again." She mutters the last bit as she turns and leaves me standing in the door way.

I check my phone and see I'm technically five minutes early. I take another deep breath before closing the door behind me and following her into the kitchen.

"Hey, sis!" Jack calls and a big grin splits my face. He gets up from his seat beside Hunter and comes to give me a hug.

I hug him back, "it's so good to see you, Jack. I miss you."

We pull apart, "yeah. Hey, did your boy toy like his present." He wiggles his eyebrows and I swat him away.

"He did. Thank you for that. I really appreciated it."

"Ah no worries."

He takes his seat back next to Hunter and Hunter gives me a half smile and hey before turning back to his phone.

Lucas, my sisters fiancé, greets me with a wave and smile. Thank god he's not as bratty as Tess.

"Thought you weren't gonna show." Tess says from where she's standing next to Lucas. She has a glass of wine in her hand and she takes a sip.

"Of course I was coming. I'm not even late, I'm five minutes early." I try and defend myself but no one seems to care.

My father walks in and says, "Ah look at that. All our children in one room."

"I heard you missed your sisters dress thing." My father doesn't bother looking at me as he says this.

"I hadn't been told when it was."