11

Nessa

Flo and I grabbed our food. And went in search of the guys. Glancing around I spot them in the far left corner by themselves.

I nudge Flo and nod my head in their direction before we start making our way over. As we get closer Flo says, "I think you guys would make cute babies."

My eyes go wide and I almost trip. I look to make sure Levi hadn't seen it. Lord knows I'm not that lucky so staring at me with the smirk that seems stuck on his face is Levi.

I want to crawl in a hole and die. BUT.. not before I strangle my best friend.

"Flo what the fuck!? What if he hears you?"

She raises a brow, "since when have you been this way about boys." Her raised brow then turns into a knowing smirk.

I flip her off and then walk a few steps ahead of her the rest of the way to Levi and Colt.

The last step Flo glides in next to Colt leaving me to choose between the sweet next to her, leaving Levi sitting on the other side by himself, or the seat next to Levi.

I opt for the seat next to Levi. I sit my tray down then take a seat.

Levi gives my tray of food a quizzical look before looking up to me and saying, "that's all you're having for lunch?"

I glance between our two trays. His is stacked with a bunch of veggies, fries and two burgers. Mine had a ham and cheese sandwich with a mandarin.

"What's wrong with my food? This is a normal lunch size. Yours is like- like enough to feed me for three lunches." I point to his stack of food.

He looks offended before clapping back, "excuse you, Miss. I'm a growing boy who need substanance!" He says in mock outrage before changing his tone of voice to say, "plus I work out." He flexes his bicep and wiggles his brows.

"Doubt it. My muscles are bigger than yours." I flex my barely there biceps.

He reaches out and feels them, "wow. Wow your right. They're so much bigger than mine." He says before jabbing a finger into my side. I let out a laugh... okay fine! Fine! I giggled!

He's smiling at me and in this moment I swear I see a thriving forest in his dark green eyes. Alive and thriving. Happy and aware.

In this moment as he's smiling at me. Looking at me like I'm the only person in the room, I can tell that I'm in for a shit load of heartbreak.

A throat clears and both our heads snap to our friends sitting across from us.

Colt has the biggest shit eating grin on his face as he stares between us. While Flo just waves.

"Not to interrupt this very interesting for play you guys have going on but just Denver that we're here too." Flo teases us as she takes a bite out of her sandwich.

I feel my cheeks start to blush before I flip her off for the second time in 10 minutes.

She just blows me a kiss in return.

—————

Levi

I barely even realise I'm eating my food as my eyes are locked on Nessa. She's sitting right next to me chatting to Flo who is right across from her.

They're saying something about their friend Elle and her girlfriend. Honestly I'm not paying attention to the conversation.

I watch as Vanessa's mouth moves as she talks with her friend and how every so often her left eyebrow twitches. It's cute.