21

Nessa

Thanksgiving weekend with Levi's family was amazing. I was so far in with him and I didn't know if it was a good or bad thing.

It has been nearly 2 weeks since then and so far everything was still smooth sailing. The only thing that kept getting to me was the fact I hadn't heard from my family at all.

Not since I tried on the bridesmaid dress and I'd cried in the barking lot for an hour afterwards.

"Ness your phones ringing!" I hear Elle call from the living room.

I place down my book and go to grab it. I hadn't even realised I'd left it out here.

Looking at the name in the screen I let out a deep breath. I hit answer and bring it to my ear.

"Hi, mom."

"Oh you do remember me. I assumed you'd forgotten you'd even had a family. You didn't even bother to call on thanksgiving. Do you know how embarrassing that was!?" She hisses, "do you know how embarrassing it was to explain to people why you weren't there? Not that many people asked."

Elle is giving me a concerned look and I take the call to my bedroom.

"I'm sorry."

"Oh don't try the guilt card. Even Jack was able to make it. He's even RSVP'd"

"I never got an invite."

"Maybe you would have if you ever bothered to make an effort and conduct yourself in a proper manner."

I inhale a deep breath I'm sure she can hear. I realise and debate whether to just hang up or not.

"Mom I'm sorry that you don't like the way I dress, or my personality. But I'm not going to change." My voice is strong and I hope she picks up on the annoyance.

"I don't know why any of us even bother with you anymore." She huffs

"Why did you call again?"

"Of course you trying to rush this. Got to go visit your boyfriend do you?" My mother says snidely.

I don't bother telling her that I was meeting him in half an hour to watch a movie at his.

"No I-"

"Don't bother trying to explain yourself. I was just calling to tell you your sister had to push her wedding back to mid February. It's February 14th. Valentine's Day. She's very distraught."

"Oh. Why did they have to push it back?"

"Because the venue double booked."

"Okay well-"

"I'll expect to see you at Christmas dinner." She cuts me off again and then ends the call.

Christmas was in about two and half weeks. I had already done all my Christmas shopping and I just hated Christmas. Especially Christmas dinner with my family.

——————
"Stop." I squeal as I squirm on Levi's bed. He's sitting on my as he tickles my sides.

"Admit that you're wrong then." He pauses with a half smirk on his face.

I start shaking my head, "no way."

"Well I'm that case.." he starts tickling me again.

"Okay, okay." I say while laughing. "The originals are better!"

He sits up with a winning grin, "that's right, pretty girl. The originals are fucking better."

I laugh and roll my eyes as he flips down on his back. I sit up and straddle him. He puts his hands behind his head and looks up at me.