13

"Okay okay!" Poppy screams as I tickle her side. She's rolling around trying to escape as she laughs. Luna is jumping on me trying to pull me off her and I grab her with one of my arms and tickle her as well.

She bursts out into a fit of giggles, "LeLe!"

I laugh at my baby sisters, "you guys want me to stop?" I ask then.

Still laughing and screaming they nod their little heads and I tickle them harder. After a few more beats I let them go and they run over to my dad who is on the back patio cooking some steaks and sausages.

I pause before going to help him. Where's Vanessa? I look over my shoulder and see her and my mother talking. My mother has one arm around Vanessa while she talks.

I can't see what my mom says but I can just make out the last two words of what Vanessa says in return. "Happy too."

The soft smiles that take over both their features gives me a warm feeling in my chest and a smile of my own take place on my face.

I have no clue what their talking about but I leave them alone. I shake out my shoulders as I walk out to my father.

I don't know what to do. I don't get feelings for girls. Especially not girls who don't reciprocate those feelings.

I glance back before I walk out the open door. She was gorgeous and I wanted her to know that. I wanted to tell her that. But it would just complicate things.

She needs to make a point to her family. Her shitty fucking family but still. She didn't see me that way. Sure we were getting along and flirting a little bit but that didn't mean anything.

And don't get me started on either of the kisses we shared tonight. Fuck just thinking about it made my dick twitch.

"Son, can you grab that plate there for me?" My dad asks as he points to an empty plate sitting on the outside table.

I grab it and pass it over to him. He starts to stack the cooked meat on it. As he does he says, "how you doing?"

I starts to say fine but he cuts me off, "don't give me that bullshit. I'm your father, I can tell something on your mind. You shouldn't seen the look on your face when you walked out here."

I could lie to him and say it's nothing but me and my father have always been close. And I know he'll give me a good advice.

So I tell him the truth... Well half the truth.

"I like her."

My dad give me the oddest look, "well obviously. Otherwise you wouldn't of brought her here or have been staring at her the whole time."

I wipe a hand over my face in frustration. How did I explain it without giving away that we weren't really together?

"I like her a lot and I don't know if she likes me a lot of if she just only sort of like me." That makes about zero fucking sense but what the fuck.

My dad places the last piece of meat on the plate and turns of the grill. He closes the top and comes to stand right next to me. He turns my body so that we are facing inside.

I points to where Vanessa and my mother stand at the kitchen. My mother is putting dressing into the big bowl of salad and Vanessa is leaning against the counter laughing at something she had just said.

I can't take my eyes off her. Her smile was so bright and full of joy that i wanted to stare and stare and stare.

She must feel my stare because she glance our way and with her big smile still in place she give me a small wave. She was so.. I don't even know.