8

Nessa

It was quarter to 9 and I was sitting on the couch waiting for Levi to pick me up. I'd had the worst sleep last night. I could t stop thinking about the shot show that was sure to happen at my sisters engagement party. I honestly didn't want there to be one but I'm sure after the guests had left, and it was just family an argument would happen.

How do I know this you ask? Well it happened every time me and my family are together. And it always seems to start with my mother or father blaming me for something I clearly hadn't done.

Standing from the couch I go to the bathroom to check my makeup one more time. All I had on was mascara and some light pink lip gloss. Makeup really wasn't my thing but mascara was my holy grail.

After checking I looked fine I did a quick once over of my outfit. I had on white converse and a pale blue sundress with little white and yellow flowers on it. It stopped mid thing and in my opinion was adorable. And before you come for me, I loved wearing converse with dresses or skirts. It looked cute but not too girly.

My long hair fell in soft waves down my back and debated tying it up. Deciding it looked better down I returned to the living room to see Elle and Piper in the kitchen.

"Morning!" I say in a cheerful tone. They both look toward me and say good morning.

"Where are you off to today, Nessa? You look gorgeous." Piper sat on one of the stools as she spoke.

I give her a grin, "my sisters engagement party. And thanks." I say giving a little twirl.

"She's going with Levi." Elle stage whispers to Piper and Pipers eyes widen. When I was telling Elle and Flo I made them swear they wouldn't tell anyone it was all just a ruse. Elle was hesitant about lying to Piper about it but ultimately agreed. I felt bad for making her do this.

"What!?" Piper shrieks. "Levi Thompson? Are you guys a thing? I thought you hated each other?"

"We didn't hate each other." I muse. "And it sort of just happens I guess." I shrug and mentally pat myself on the back for how easily the lie slipped out. Although I did feel extremely guilty.

Moments later there's a lock and the door and I walk over to answer it. "That'll be him now" Elle winks at me and I shake my head a grin on my face.

Opening the door I stop short. Holy moly. Levi stood their in a pale blue button down that matched the colour of my dress and showed of his biceps, and navy slacks. Was it hot in here? It was definitely hot.

Before he could notice my staring I quickly shit my gaze up to his face. He wasn't looking at me though, well he was but just not my face. He was giving me a once over and as he made his way back up I see a small smirk pull at his lips.

"You look gorgeous." He says to me now a smile on his face.

I return his smile, "thanks." I feel a small blush creep up my neck. "You dont look too bad yourself."

"Aww you guys are such a cute couple." Piper aw's from her place at the counter.

"Aren't we?" Levi says throwing an arm over my shoulder. He smells so freaking good!

"Okay, okay you guys better leave before you're late." Elle comes over ushering us pour the door, but not before I grab my purse.

—————

"Okay so let me get this straight," Levi says as he turns onto the highway, "you and your family don't get along and you don't know why just that it's alway been that way."

"That is correct. Jacks the only one that's half decent towards me." I'm so used to it that I don't even know how to explain it. It's just normal for me.