twenty-eight.

——— twenty-eight|home ———

"Do you want to stay over?"

Jimin could only watch in silence as Yoona digested in his words, her eyes slowly blinking with her face holding on a blank look. It was as if time had stopped as they stood frozen in that position, a distance in between but nonetheless closer than it seemed. The vanilla perfume lingered around, enclosing him with a hold he could never really get out of, tugging him in as seconds passed by. He didn't dare break the eye contact they had created, fearing for the state of his heart if he do so. Such beauty radiating off of one person was too much for him to bare, and it would send him in a blushing mess if he took his time to acknowledge the irresistible pulchritude of Han Yoona.

Yoona, on the other hand, was getting distracted by his stare. No words could formulate in her mind, leaving her speechless. How could one hold such look that conveys emotions no one could construe? How could Jimin look at her as if he was finally able to breathe, yet at the same time holding back from doing what he wanted to do? He's a confusing man in a confusing world, that she could think of. And so his question soon bounced back in her empty mind, forcing her voice to show up in the light and utter words, "I-I don't..."

Ah, this is embarrassing. Was all Jimin could think of as he pursed his lips together, feeling the corner of it lifting though it probably looked otherwise. What's wrong with him that he always bring humiliation upon himself? At times like this, he wished he was alone and scream at the top of his lungs.

Wait.

Something had dawned to him, a realization he failed to notice.

He always wished to be alone whenever he's feeling under the weather, no matter the circumstances. It meant no visits, no coddles— just him in his humble abode, no exemptions. He doesn't want to be a burden to anyone, too afraid of the fact that he might get used to it and yearn for their presence after some time.

And yet there he was, letting Han Yoona in his apartment, even asking her to stay for the night.

"That's too bad," he joked, posing a toothy grin. "I got bottles of alcohol in the fridge."

"Honey, we're friends that suffers badly with alcohol and ends up kissing one another." Yoona deadpanned, causing him to held back a laugh but failed as he tittered. He immediately brought a hand up to his mouth, hiding the rising amusement from her watchful eye. "And aren't you sick? Tired, even?"

Jimin could only pout in response, reluctantly pushing her hand away that was still resting on his head. "Off you go then."

"That quick?" Now it was Yoona who was amused, chuckling when he gave out a nod and lightly pushed her towards the door. She took her bag along the way, even pretending on weighing him down whenever he moves forward to nudge her out. They miraculously reached the door without hurting one another, ending with Yoona trapped between Jimin and the locked door. Noticing they're by the exit that leads outside of his apartment, he leaned forward to reach over for the doorknob, surprisingly the same time she spun around to face him, resulting with the two experiencing a wave of deja-vu.