eight.

——— eight|misunderstanding ———

Yoona blinked, once then twice.

His words slowly digested in her mind, focusing on her breathing as she shut her eyes close and do her best to keep her voice low. "You told them what?"

An airy chuckle and a nervous smile was what she got when she looked back at the guy in front of her, who was still clutching her hand and was tempted to hold the other in case she might go ahead and hit him for using her.

Yoona shut her eyes close and pursed her lips, setting her mind at ease before talking to him. She never liked raising her voice at someone, something she had learned from Yoongi when he was still the president of the music club. The way he lead was through actions and calm words, unlike the other officers and the previous ones who were keen on using their booming voice to instruct them around.

Her breathing had stilled like calm waters after an erratic rage of the sea, and so she fluttered her eyes open and breathed out slowly. "I told you I don't want this."

The tranquility of her voice scared Jimin. Even more than her usual dirty looks she send to him unexpectedly. Her eyes held the same look like how it was in the morning, the welcoming warmth and tenderness— dulling the sharp words that she just spewed out and getting him on a daze he never thought he could get out of.

"I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"And you can do that by telling them the truth."

"Telling who? What truth?" The two jumped in sync, scaring the new arrival who jumped back as well with his eyes wide. He held on to the carton of juice he just bought from the vending machine outside, almost squeezing it and have his money go to waste, slowly putting the straw in as he repeated his question carefully, "what truth? Telling who?"

Jungkook sipped on his drink as he waited for any of them to speak up. They shared a glance, both trying to tell something telepathically but obviously failing, before speaking up— simultaneously.

"We're together."

"Not dating— we're together, uhuh, that's right."

Jimin gave a tight-lipped smile to Yoona, only moving his eyes and brows to show how confused he was at the moment. The latter, however, stayed calm and flickered her gaze from the man who still had his hand on her, to the other who was biting on his straw. "We're together for a project. Solely, for a project."

She just saved my life, he couldn't help but to look at her in awe on how she handled the situation, better than he did— that he could say, wanting to just pull her into a hug as thanks. But knowing how much disturbance he had caused for her today, he decided to just give a light squeeze to her hand.