Shooting stars

-Even more fluff than the previous chapter bc I think I owe you guys lol
-ages:16
-also i recommend listening to 'blue hippo' by maya hawke whilst listening to this
-ENJOYYY :)))

-

"Man why are we going camping in the middle of fucking winter,we're actually so stupid,"Lucas mumbled to himself as he packed his things into a bag.

"God stop being so negative,"retorted the boy with curly hair and his signature cap,"the worst that could happen is we could get hypothermia or frost bite."

Lucas stared at his friend in disbelief,completely forgetting about the pair of underwear he left lying on top of a stack of clothes.

"Yeah and if we get hypothermia there's a high chance that we could die since we'll be in the middle of fucking nowhere."

"Fine don't go then,"Dustin argued mockingly,"you can stay here with Max and suck face for all I care."

Like little kids,the pair continued to argue in the corridor leading to the front door of the Wheelers house.

"Guys it's really not that important.It was decided that we'd go camping ages ago,no backing out of it now,"Mike sighed dramatically which caused the girl,who was clinging onto his arm,to snicker quietly enough to not piss the others off.

The couple was wrapped up in thick winter jackets,earmuffs covering El's ears and a red scarf wrapping around Mikes neck as they stepped outside.Funnily enough the red colour matched both of their cheeks and noses as it was absolutely freezing.Luckily it had only just started snowing so it would still be quite safe to drive.

They packed themselves into the car,Mike being in charge of driving this time whilst his girlfriend sat in the passenger seat,still gently holding onto him.Dustin and Will sat in the middle with a bunch of supplies in between them whilst Max and Lucas settled at the back,both fast asleep as it was 8 in the morning and the teenagers needed their sleep.

An hour or so later,they arrived at the entrance to the campsite,although,it looked abandoned as no one could bother to go camping in this weather.

"Right,this looks lovely,"Max said sarcastically,gesturing at the bare trees and snowy landscape.During the few hours of driving,Indiana has been covered with what seemed like a huge white fluffy blanket.Everyone groaned as they unpacked the boot of the car.

The 6 of them headed in deeper into the forest,carrying sleeping bags on their backs until they reached a spot worthy of staying at.Well,they were going to be there for 3 days so comfort first of course.

-

"We are so bad at this,"El mumbled as her and Mike put up their tent,receiving a sigh from the boy."Yeah,you're right,we totally suck."
The couple stepped back to look at what they've done with the tent so far, and to say the least,it looked as if a storm had gone through it and messed everything up.The yellow material was everywhere in the wrong places and there were random things lying on the side of it,along with their backpacks and sleeping bags obviously.

El rested her head against Mikes shoulder and he wrapped his arms around her waist,pressing a small kiss to her temple."You know, we can ask our friends for help too,"he whispered,conscious of the others so that they wouldn't hear.
"Well I'm stubborn and I like doing things alone,"his girlfriend replied quietly,staring straight ahead of her at the mess they'd made.
"But you're okay with me helping?"
She nodded,turning her head to look at him properly.

One of her hands reached out to caress his cold cheek,her frozen thumb running over his cheekbones.
"I'm always okay with you helping,"she sighed as their lips made contact,possibly feeling the warmest they had felt yet during this whole trip.A loud clang broke them up though, something hitting the ground.