Dinner Party

Ok the ages are like 14/15 I guess.
This one is fluff with a bit of angst maybe.
Enjoy :))

-

"Are you ready to go?"asked Mike through the door.

"Just give me a second,Max is helping me to put on makeup since I'm pretty bad."The two girls laughed from inside the room.

"Ok,I'll just be...in the hallway with Lucas,"he sighed walking down the stairs.

He hated Max.Well,he didn't hate her but he sort of disliked her.Not because she was overprotective of El,which she actually was,she just wasn't a very likeable person in his opinion.He'd never tell his girlfriend though since it would shatter her heart into millions of pieces,which he could never bear to see.

"Why are you so sad man,"Lucas elbowed the raven haired boy in the ribs.

"I'm not..well I don't know.It doesn't matter,I'm just worried for El since she's never been at a dinner party."Mike stared down at his shoes,almost feeling guilty for lying to his best friend.

"It will be fine.At least your girlfriend doesn't have a massive temper like mine,you never know when Max can turn into a raging bull,"he smirked.

"Hey I heard that, Lucas!Do you want me to dump you a sixth time?"Max shouted from the top of the staircase.

"No I'm sorry!You-."

"Look beautiful,"Lucas was cut off by the freckled boy next to him,as he watched his girlfriend descend down the stairs.

"Thank you,"El skipped down the stairs to kiss Mikes cheek,Max doing the same thing to Lucas.

A light purple dress fell down below El's knees,a pattern made out of thin lace lining the bottom of it.Max tied a pink ribbon around her waist,the same colour which spread over her eye lids.Her hair wasn't anything crazy though,it was still just out,a part of it pinned to the side with a clip made of pearls,which were probably fake.

Like the gentleman Mike was meant to be,he took El's hand bringing it closer to his face and hesitated before giving it a light kiss.
She looked away,a flush of bright red invading her cheeks.

-

They packed themselves into the car,Max and Nancy at the front whilst Mike and El occupied the back seats along with Lucas,who wasn't in the best mood.

"How long until we get there?"asked El looking up at Mike

"Not long,don't worry,"he smiled down at the girl,his eyes finally finding hers in the dark car.

"Ok."She interlaced her fingers with his,gently leaning against his side.

"You nervous?"

She nodded,letting out a long sigh followed by another.Swiftly,the boy brought himself closer to her,rubbing her back in circles and whispering comforting nothings.

"Oh my god you guys are so..ugh,"Nancy muttered from in front,looking at the mirror.

The couple looked at her,Mikes face promoting pure annoyance towards his sister while El's was just plain confusion.

-

They arrived shortly,the house was massive and decorated in lights and plants.

Mike wrapped his hand around El's waist from the back,rubbing her arm as they all entered.

"Don't worry,there's nothing to be scared of,"he whispered in her ear.

'Don't worry Eleven,there's nothing to be scared of ' Papa told her when she was still in the lab.

El's breath quickened and she shut her eyes tightly,she rarely got these flashbacks anymore,but when she did they were..bad,really bad.

"Mike I'm going to use the bathroom."She walked off towards a door with a sign that said 'toilet' on it.

Mikes confusion subsided as he walked into the dining room,the whole place decorated with candles and chandeliers.The walls were covered in paintings and the table in the middle was enormous even though there was only 6 of them.
White plates with gold rims were lined up along the table cloth.
Mikes jaw dropped as he went to sit down,the seats having velvet red cushions and soft back rests.

Soon they started to eat,the worry returning to his stomach.He chewed the food and forced himself to swallow it,the wonder where El was never going away though making it hard to digest.

"Excuse me,"Mike said getting up from the table.

Nervously,he paced towards the same door El went into and knocked on it twice.When he heard no response he tried to wiggle the door handle which was no use since she licked it of course.

"El?"he spoke softly,"can I come in?"

Still no response.

He sighed and turned to walk back,thinking that leaving her alone with her thoughts is what she needed.

"Mike."She unlocked the door.

He turned around to see her standing in the doorway,her hands covering her face even though it was clear she was crying.

"I'm sorry for ruining tonight,"she whispered as they sank to the floor together.

-
Wow I completed another chapter.
Great.
Thank you for reading my book by the way.
Have a great day/night wherever you are.

-Ally :)